Great Airbrush Hints and Tips!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Airbrush Hints and Tips!

I found these online. Great visual hints and tips of the basic airbrush problems and how to fix them...

wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Very neat.

I wonder though, can they explain how I was able to produce simulated marble with a piece of **** for equipment, the most horrible of paint mixed in barbaric containers?

It was my pleasure (yeah right) to recreate the random nature of marble with two or more colours with an airbrush that had 'mistake' written all over it.

I was painting models that sold for 75 thousand bucks and more, so yeah, the paint work had to be more than casual hobby grade hehe.

I still can't imagine how I managed that back in the 80s. I was using house paint for crying out loud, cleaner not thinner, and the airbrush, well the paint was often held in stryafoam cups!!
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

someday i have to try out an airbrush..i might like it.!
      if i were to get one, what should i look for?
      i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

Here's the link I usually post in airbrush threads:

http://www.howtoairbrush.com/

Great source for all thing airbrush.

My biggest piece of advice is to use multiple coats and don't try to cover an area in one swipe... and your paint/thinner mixture is everything.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Thanks this looks very useful, and i have 3 weeks off work now.
          Buy a kit sell a kit., build a kit., stash one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
            Here's the link I usually post in airbrush threads:

http://www.howtoairbrush.com/

Great source for all thing airbrush.

My biggest piece of advice is to use multiple coats and don't try to cover an area in one swipe... and your paint/thinner mixture is everything.
            I love this site.
            "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

[QUOTE=LRB;2418710]Very neat.

I wonder though, can they explain how I was able to produce simulated marble with a piece of **** for equipment, the most horrible of paint mixed in barbaric containers?

I don't know Les, maybe it because you have talent?
              An they shall mount up with wings as eagles

Comment

Well I was getting paid at the time (even if paid poorly).

It beat sitting around doing almost nothing (which was about the level of activity the boss provided).

It was clear no one else wanted to do the paint work

I just ended up doing it one day, and I made it fairly clear to the boss I was a lot better at it than he was.

I think the breaking point was the day his stupid styrafoam cup supply method broke because he had no clue how simple it was for oil based paints to eat the bottom of the cup away, and his supposedly smart one handed method of holding the cup and the airbrush with the intake pipe pressing down too hard on the bottom of the cup resulted in him getting paint dropped all over his nice shoes.....

Here let me get that for you Mickey.... (dumb drunken *******...).

At that point I was basically the shop's painter.

Can you make it this shade (hands me a paint chip from the client), groan ya shure Mickey (groan, this is old redwood house stain, how the hell do I make this into slate grey?). By the way, there isn't a human walking the planet that knows more about making exact paint shades out of garbage paint sources than me

I always hated it when the client changed a shade AFTER I had painted the &^%#$*&^@ model in the last shade only just that day. If you think masking a canopy is tedious, try an an office tower
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Dagger strokes dagger strokes....
                  "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                  X