• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 7, 1941

"You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Skip

Comment

X7 In remembrance to those who gave their lives in and spat in the face of tyranny.
      "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

It is the same day but 24 hours before that My uncle was killed on Wake.
        An they shall mount up with wings as eagles

Comment

So many years ago, and yet to some of us it is not so far away.

Japan utterly screwed up attacking the USA, utterly screwed up trying to be clever about it too. And utterly botched the attack when you look at it, as they should have gotten all die for the emperor and forget the risk and launched a further attack and trashed the repair facilities and oil storage.

But oddly out of character for the Japanese, they got cautious and missed that chance.

Oddly the Japanese inspired the Germans to declare war on the USA a move I can't even begin to think out as being logical under any line of thinking.

Politicians, good at making speeches, not always the right choices for running a war once they get one started. You need them to start wars and to end wars, but I suppose it is fortunate our enemies of the 40s were not so skilled at running them.

The men and women that perished at Pearl, were so completely avenged by the end of the war. It does make one wonder what was really gong through the minds of the people running the empire of Japan at that time.

Not enough of them had ever seen the USA I suppose.

I have to wonder though, have Canada and the USA somehow lost the qualities that were so common back then? I think our Harper is doing a fine job of doing more harm, than any foreign army could ever dream of doing to us by force.

I only hope your honoured dead were not lives wasted by our current populations.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I had a Great Uncle on the Arizona ... He never talked about December 7,
            http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
              Berlin.1945
              by casanova
              The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
              Yesterday, 23:41
            • casanova
              AW 169M
              by casanova
              The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
              Yesterday, 23:26
            • JBark
              What changed?
              by JBark
              There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
              Yesterday, 18:54
            Working...
            X