Paints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paints

O.K.people here is a problem for you, I make and paint military models at the moment I have three models on the go,(Royal Marine Officer 1783 95mm.Trooper 5th.Prussion Hussar 1758 95mm.and a Napolionic Imperial Guard.1815.170mm.)Now the question is this what Blue is the right Blue for the Imperial Guard,in my copy of the Humbrol Authentic paint guide it is down as French Blue in the plates of Rousselot it looks like a Dark Blue in the new Humbrol it is down as Oxford Blue in Tamiya Charts it is down as Sea Blue.Confused yes very! so which is it.Over to you.Jackson.

Here is my rendition of a Chasseur a Pied de la Garde, Le Cimier 180mm:

The painjob was a mixture of Vallejo and Winsor & Newton acrylics iirc, I will let you know what colours I used tomorrow when I get home

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Excellent work!!! Windsor & Newton are excellent paints and I bet the saturation on the blue on the Coat is brilliant in reality. Looks outstanding in 2d.
      "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

what wonderful uniforms they used to wear.
        i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

Winsor & Newton Artist colours: Titanium white, Paynes grey, Mars black and Rowney Flesh Tint which is good for laying down a base colour for exposed areas of flesh but can also be used in mixtures for making up different skin tones.

Also a must is Vallejo's Model Color Set - Napoleonics (x16) # 70110

http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kit...0-p-25511.html

And I would recommend that you use Kolinski sable brushes. I used mine for getting on 12 years and If I ever go back to figure painting, they will be waiting in my paint/tool box ready to go for more years to come.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...n%2Ctoys%2C168

Paul
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

My best reply would be, is the guy wearing a clean uniform, and, how long has he been wearing it, because clothing fades and only the anal will go and start blathering on about how your blue is somehow not quite the right shade of blue.

Best reply to anyone commenting in an anal fashion is to just tell them to **** off

And you got that from the son of a model railroader, where they are more likely to be even more fussy, as the trains were usually washed.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Do you live near an Art Museum that has a Dali painting? He used a wonderful process to create flesh that looked almost like it was living- you can only see it "in the flesh" pics never pick the subtleties.

I love payne's grey for the greenish tint.

Comment

And I would recommend that you use Kolinski sable brushes
                Best advice U have given to date...

Comment

Kolinski Sable is top-notch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X