1/48 Revell PV-1 Ventura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/48 Revell PV-1 Ventura

I got this for $20.00 from Squadron. Not that bad a kit. It is a nice change to have something from Revell that isnt a 1963 P-40 with seriously warped wings. You have some of the same old Revell sink marks but they are few and far between.

The pit is set for another kit coming down the line as is some of the other features. I would not hesitate a guess about one in Coastal Command or FAA which would be cool.

The kit fits really well and should not pose any difficulties. It isn't an overly complicated kit either. I like the wheel bay details as well as the bomb bay. I was hoping for a torpedo set up but that will be later I suppose.

An they shall mount up with wings as eagles

I wonder if they'll do a Bomber Command version.

Mind you, it is a nice kit and you seem to be doing fairly well with it.
    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Nice interior weathering or shading!
      Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Good start on the interior, looking forward to the rest...
        The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
        Dwight D. Eisenhower
        April 16, 1953

Comment

This is one of the few kits from Revell that I have done that actually fit pretty decent. Only a few minor glitches. I dry fitted the major assemblies and am quite pleased, however, I popped one of the side windows out and not don't know how Ill put it back in with out tearing the whole kit apart.

wings fit fairly well

the nacelles also

the offending window

The engines fit just as nicely as all the other parts.
          I don't know about the bomb bay doors though I found out that you have to but them up against each other to make them fit the sides of the fuselage and when you do this it leaves a gap. Don't know if that is on an actual plane because it is pretty symmetrical here.

I can always fill the gap with plastic card but the window has me stumped. So if you have any idea please let me know.

Comment

Do you still have the offending window?
            The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
            Dwight D. Eisenhower
            April 16, 1953

Comment

...and is there acess inside the fuselage through the nose? If so, blue tack the window to a long piece of sprue and slide it to the opening....
              Dwight D. Eisenhower
              April 16, 1953

Comment

all the openings are blocked except the turret and the ventral gun

Comment

Holy Spit Batman!!! A Revell kit with recessed panel lines!!! Kit's as pretty as Bettie Page.
                  "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Never as pretty as she

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Bramage View Post
                      Kit's as pretty as Bettie Page.
                      .... Nearly!
                      http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

I did a little more cementing to this and now have the nacelles and engines mounted. I am still amazed on how good the fit is for a Revell kit.

I filled in the Gap in the bomb bay and now I see there is a serious step to contend with on the canopy.
                        It seems as if it is not quite wide enough so there is about a smidge of it sticking up and on the side as well.

I am going to take a nap and then come back to it later.

Comment

That's gonna be one sharp lookin' gal Paul!
                          http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by GMG1 View Post
                            This is one of the few kits from Revell that I have done that actually fit pretty decent. Only a few minor glitches. I dry fitted the major assemblies and am quite pleased, however, I popped one of the side windows out and not don't know how Ill put it back in with out tearing the whole kit apart.

I can always fill the gap with plastic card but the window has me stumped. So if you have any idea please let me know.

I had a similar problem with my TU-22...

I still had the window, so my solution was to trim off two sides of the window glue trim.. (left one trimmed, right one untrimmed)

then I covered it in masking tape trimmed to cover only the window part and super glued a toothpick to the center of the tape.

I was then able to then insert the window into the opening and pull it into position carefully. Actually had to do this with 2 windows as I had glued the two cockpit halves to soon. (some four letter words may be needed but hopefully not)
                            wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Are those R-2800's? Wow Pratt and Whitney Powered half of the Allied Sky. The Model is gorgeous- execution top notch as usual.
                              "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X