Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambush at Poteau - Ardennes figs

These are very cool Dragon figs that FS told me to buy a year ago at a
    model show for $3, glad he made me do it.
    The guns are even complete with straps!
    Not sure what i will use them for, i was going to throw them on ebay but
    i really like how they turned out.

Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Looks like they are sharing a hard fought pack of Lucky Strikes... They look great for sure... place them in a rear type area dio, or at a field HQ...
    The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    April 16, 1953

Comment

I've always wanted to put them with a M20, like on the box cover.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Those figs look great LT!
        "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

I love the eyes on the Machine Gunner with the pistol (is that a 1919?)
          "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Thanks AB, FS, TJ, and DB.
            Yeah that pistol from what i've been told, was a short run production
            for the German army, i thought it was a colt 45, but its not and the
            name of it escapes me. So you might be right on the 1919, i'm just
            not sure??
            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

i like how you do the camo, thats a hard thing for me to get right.
              i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

I think I have those same figs in 1/72. Great job!
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                John Adams, 1770

Comment

Thx terry & MC, if i don't use them, i'll throw them on ebay for fun and
                  see what i get.

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                    Thanks AB, FS, TJ, and DB.
                    Yeah that pistol from what i've been told, was a short run production
                    for the German army, i thought it was a colt 45, but its not and the
                    name of it escapes me. So you might be right on the 1919, i'm just
                    not sure??
                    It could also be a Browning HiPower. They were Belgian made and in common usage by the Germans.
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                      It could also be a Browning HiPower. They were Belgian made and in common usage by the Germans.
                      Could be a Browning but I always got the impression that it was a liberated .45 M1911 right along with the Lucky's. That's the Bundesarchiv I remember seeing.....
                      http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

terrific camos LT
                        MY BRAILLE SCALE WORLD :
                        http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...d4043e1&type=1

MY DIECAST WORLD :

http://www.minidioramas.sitew.com/#Page_1.A

Comment

I believe FS is right on the pistol, i know it was made in Belgian.
                          I was like RB thinking it was a colt 45, until i was told otherwise
                          by a guy at a model show who knew his stuff.
                          WW2 magazine model builder!

Comment

FreightShaker knows his **** fo sho: Browning HP was a later mod based on the 1911 design..Here's what wikipedia sez about mil:

Browning Hi-Power pistols were used during World War II by both Allied and Axis forces. After occupying Belgium in 1940, German forces took over the FN plant. German troops subsequently used the Hi-Power, having assigned it the designation Pistole 640(b) ("b" for belgisch, "Belgian"). Examples produced by FN in Belgium under German occupation bear German inspection and acceptance marks, or Waffenamts, such as WaA613. In German service, it was used mainly by Waffen-SS and Fallschirmjäger personnel.
                            "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

What scale are those figures? nice camo work.
                              Buy a kit sell a kit., build a kit., stash one too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X