The Everlasting Humbrol Enamels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Everlasting Humbrol Enamels

I don't know if you keep any, but I have a large stock and some of them are over 20 years old and still perfectly usable. They don't break down at all, they separate into the oil and the pigment, but this can be mixed to the original consistency with ease. Amazing.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

We had a store in town that carried Humbrol that apparently stopped in the 1990's. I remember the Panzer Grey brushing on with a paintbrush and it looked like I had sprayed it. Loved the stuff.
    "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Yep I can still buy em here and I like them for brush work.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Never use anything else.
        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

I used the Humbrol tins back in the 70's .... Great Stuff! I agree with DB's assessment, nice finish!
          http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

I have stayed in the acrylics and water based, but I feel the urge to go to the "Dark Side" and try my hand at enamels.... Humbrol has always been at the top of the quality scale from what I have read...
            The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
            Dwight D. Eisenhower
            April 16, 1953

Comment

Originally posted by AirborneBob View Post
              I have stayed in the acrylics and water based, but I feel the urge to go to the "Dark Side" and try my hand at enamels.... Humbrol has always been at the top of the quality scale from what I have read...
              I use acrylic paints and never enamels but have some Tamiya enamels ready to go with Tamiya thinners .Now, How will my air brush go (thats always done acrylic) on enamels any differances?
              Buy a kit sell a kit., build a kit., stash one too.

Comment

I'm wishing for the day Humbrol sells the stuff by the rack. Like the display racks they use, but only one or two tins deep (except maybe include 4 of the most common, black/white/silver). Get the whole series, mount it on the wall and never wonder if you have light chocolate-charcoal-grey again.

Comment

I am in need of some Humbrol paints. Can anyone help me out? PM me!

AF

Comment

Originally posted by Armored Fist View Post

AF
                    The only sources I can find are in the UK. I just bought an 11-can assortment from the UK on eBay, with a total of about $29 US with shipping. I'm thinking that's a fair price.

AF

Comment

Originally posted by Armored Fist View Post

AF
                      megahobby.com carries them;

http://www.megahobby.com/Megahobby-p...int-store.aspx
                      wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X