Pilots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots

I am looking for some guide regarding the painting of pilots! I only got into the hobby recently (excluding some tinkering in my younger years) and of all the things the pilot is bothering me (I'm working on a 1/72 BF-110), I have no idea where to start to get a decent pilot going. It needn't be great (the first few models will be practice of course) but I want him to look at least vaguely human. Is it a bit ambitious for an amateur?

Hello,

Some good refs. here:

http://www.choozen.fr/ts-pilote~figu...,10000197.html

Good luck!
    MY BRAILLE SCALE WORLD :
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...d4043e1&type=1

MY DIECAST WORLD :

http://www.minidioramas.sitew.com/#Page_1.A

Comment

1/72 is challenging to do figures right. I like to airbrush the face and hands a flesh color because they are hard to brush smooth. If you don't have an airbrush start in the same place. if you mess up just remove the paint and start again. Then use a dark wash to accent the lines. Don't worry about tiring to paint the eyes white pretty hard to see (and hard to do even in 1/35). Then paint the uniform, the accent the belts boots and other things (dry-brushing works well for this). Take your time, and have fun.

Here is a 1/72 88 I did with some figures.

Here are some reference pics.

Hope this is helpful. And welcome to ACG Models.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      John Adams, 1770

Comment

Welcome aboard !
        Buy a kit sell a kit., build a kit., stash one too.

Comment

Welcome and have a nice long stay
          An they shall mount up with wings as eagles

Comment

Welcome guy.
            "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Welcome in!
              http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Heres my method any more hints ?

I havent done much figure stuff but i have only done 2 sets of 35th ones ,hope this helps.1 smooth all the seams out: 2: assemble if reqired. 3: fill any gaps and smooth out. 4: apply a dark grey under coat be it acrylic or enamel i prefer acrylic. 5: Alow to dry .6: If it all looks smooth Apply top coat.( If not rub it all back). set aside to dry. I dry brush a flesh colour to the face. then you can put a wash over it. Good luck!
                Last edited by pinzer; 30 Oct 12, 22:30.
                Buy a kit sell a kit., build a kit., stash one too.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, it is good to have some reference as to what to aim for !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                    Prawn heads
                    by Karri
                    How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                    Yesterday, 11:40
                  • Jose50
                    Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                    by Jose50
                    Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                    Yesterday, 08:41
                  • Von Richter
                    Sagittarius Rising...
                    by Von Richter
                    Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                    Yesterday, 01:19
                  Working...
                  X