I have returned..Sorta..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have returned..Sorta..

About a month ago I had some diabetic and heart related difficulties. I have already had seven stents and one triple CABG. Last month I have had a few more stents placed and have been resting and trying to be a good boy but I am a food disposal so that didn't help.

About three weeks ago I had an episode where I stood up and passed out and fell head long into my work table and trashed about $150.00 worth of kits that were being worked on, one of them being the Sea Fury, a high dollar P-40, Do-17, Ju 87, and my 24 scale Mk V Spit floater. I am OK now, I think, but that is some of the things that happen when you put your health on the back burner for so long plus 17 years over the road flat bed trucking.

I am sort of ashamed that I wont be able to finish on those I started but I am not out by no means of the imagination. So I will post some more of my previous builds later and some I am hoping to get going on real soon.

To those of you who are concerned for me, I thank you.

Paul...

An they shall mount up with wings as eagles

Take care of yourself first.. then the models. Get better.
    wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Do take care of your self, we can wait on the models. Know that you are in our thoughts. That being said getting back to models may be a return to normalcy just don't rush it.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      John Adams, 1770

Comment

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
        Do take care of your self, we can wait on the models. Know that you are in our thoughts. That being said getting back to models may be a return to normalcy just don't rush it.
        Thank you Sean, I do the builds as a sort of therapy and a way to deal with stress. A lot of the time I sit here and stare at the walls thinking on how I can get Warren to come over to the dark side

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you are doing as good as can be Paul. Don't worry about the kits that would have been Brother. If you aren't healthy then isn't anything more important than taking care of yourself. Consider yourself a 1/1 scale kit and that kit is the most important one on the bench at all times. There is plenty of time to recover kits lost, but you can't recover you.
          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by GMG1 View Post
            A lot of the time I sit here and stare at the walls thinking on how I can get Warren to come over to the dark side
            Hahaha! Sounds like you're feeling better to me Paul! Take care of yourself man, you've become a fixture here and Lord knows, we need some fixtures!
            http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Well of course it is sad to hear about the models, but come on, if you fall down and don't get back up that is another matter entirely

So make sure to rebuild YOU first eh, the models, well you can at least make them again, you don't get that privilege.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

It is always unnerving to learn of such things after the fact, but I'm really glad to see you are on the mend, mate.

You take care of yourself & do what you know needs doing in regard, Paul!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Comment

You know how I feel bro. Take care of you first.
                    "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X