Malware Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware Warning

Is anyone else getting a Malware Warning on the Latest Acquisitions Thread? This is what I keep getting ......

http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

There are no such links by which access to that site can be gained, Dave, but LRB's last post in Latest Acquisitions contains pictures hot-linked from there.

I am detecting no active threats. I suspect they are the source of your alert simply because of the base url.

LRB, you might want to do a scan if you went there to get your hot-links.

Last edited by Admiral; 07 Oct 12, 05:50.
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

While I have seen such warnings from sites listed as safe, no such warning is appearing from the hot linked photos of the box covers of those models. It may have something to do with the word China in the url link that is triggering the warning.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

No, Ron, it is not simply the word "China" at all. It is the specific source url that is on his malware list that has alerted, nothing more, nothing less.

His list may be correct & ours is not, or vice versa. At some point in the future, it may be delisted from his, or added to ours.

Malware detection alerts are not simply based strictly upon a countries name as a portion of a source url.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Thanks Wes, if you're not noting a threat I will mark it as safe.
          rb

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Better safe than sorry, please remove images from my post, it is not that vital and anyone that cares has at least seen the images, please type in name of kit and scale and we can all not need worry.

In the future I will not trust them beyond buying their models

China is after all an unusual place.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I ran a scan and found nothing ... Lot's of scary stuff like that from China though, like you said, better safe than sorry.

Comment

The Admiral is always on top of his flat top!
                Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

hmmmm nope
                  i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

The images, thus their url's, have been removed, mates.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

While the site itself was probably safe, some second and third party advertising can cause problems. Every so often, I will get warnings from sites listed as safe. It is usually an advertising links that cause those warning.

Some of those ads, such as one e-mailed from another reputable site, required numerous rapid Alt F4 to kill as it kept displaying message boxes with those dangerous response buttons wanting to continue.

There shouldn't be any third party ads connected to direct links to photos, but, anything is possible in the cyber world including the ability to embed malware links into the headers of the pictures themselves.
                      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Is it safe for me to post???

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                        John Adams, 1770

Comment

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post

Considering your IP ....

Comment

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post

If you don't mind that everything that you do using the Internet is being stored in the Cloud on some Homeland Security computer for scanning of key words and data mining purposes. No doubt, your own Government is also doing something similar.

For us Americans, It's no different from using a credit card, shopping at a Warehouse Club, watching programs on cable TV or satellite using a cable box, using a cable enabled gaming system, talking or texting on a cell phone, driving one of the newer cars equipped with On Star or a black box, It's all being tracked and cataloged to a personal database on some Homeland Security server.

Have your internet security software installed and up to date, don't click on strange links or popups, don't click on e-mail links especially from those claiming to be from your bank or other service, and you will be just fine.

Any other restrictions will be from what your Government will allow you to do.
                            Last edited by SRV Ron; 08 Oct 12, 21:23.
                            “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                              If you don't mind that everything that you do using the Internet is being stored in the Cloud on some Homeland Security computer for scanning of key words and data mining purposes. No doubt, your own Government is also doing something similar.

For us Americans, It's no different from using a credit card, shopping at a Warehouse Club, watching programs on cable TV or satellite using a cable box, using a cable enabled gaming system, talking or texting on a cell phone, driving one of the newer cars equipped with On Star or a black box, It's all being tracked and cataloged to a personal database on some Homeland Security server.

Have your internet security software installed and up to date, don't click on strange links or popups, don't click on e-mail links especially from those claiming to be from your bank or other service, and you will be just fine.

Any other restrictions will be from what your Government will allow you to do.
                              Mine is up to date ... and despite the Communists that run THIS country, we still have a modicum of internet freedom here ... don't know that it will last, but for now we do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X