Pink Panther (SAS Land Rover, by Tamiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Panther (SAS Land Rover, by Tamiya

It's an older kit. I bought and built this one back in 1983. I pink color is Airforce Desert Pink, an old color Polly-S made. The whole model was was had painted (No air-brushing) So it is a very old model with a very old school build. Still one my favorites.

IMG_2696.jpg

It's pretty much a straight build. I altered the black jerry cans so they would accurately reflect the the black plastic containers in use and replaced the back GPMG with a M2.

IMG_2697.jpg

Weathering is all dry brushing and a washes with the base color. All very standard for the time.

IMG_2700.jpg

The plastic garbage bag was made from stretched saran wrap. I shaped it with a paint brush, slowly pushing it until it thinned and made a little bag. I just thought a trash bag would be a neat touch. Just visible is an M16. I also have a scratch built De-Lisle Carbine made for the truck

IMG_2703.jpg

The original model has the back storage bin made from a molded piece of plastic. I never liked it.

currently a big ol' canvas roll is on the shelf but they may change. (The model was originally part of a diorama and I plan to rebuild the diorama. Some details will change)

I also decided to make another garbage bag for a sleeping bag storage. That is also visible.

IMG_2706.JPG

Front view shows the headlights painted pink. This was the way the vehicles were deployed. If the crew needed headlights they would scrape a small amount of paint off.

IMG_2708.jpg

Top view showing additional fuel cans in the cargo area as well as the duffel bags behing the radio operators seat.

If nothing else, you now know a way to make 1/35 scale trash bags!
    --Tobias Gibson
    On the web at: Blindkat.hegewisch.net

I remember that from when I was a kid, think I built it once. IIRC, it had the rolled camo netting as an accessory.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X