What would you recommend for PB newb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you recommend for PB newb?

Well it looks like I'm the "big-moderator" of this area since it falls under the hobbies area. I've been beginning to get interested in paintball for a while so its time to ask the vets. What stuff do I need and how much will it cost?
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Well, obviously you will need a gun It depends on what type of paintball you want to play. If you are going to play woods ball or scenario games I would suggest a tippmann, or depending on your budget you could sping for a mil-sim gun that actually looks like a real gun. If you want to play stock class, or pump paintball, I would suggest a phantom or sniper. You can a good deal on phantoms at www.whitewoldairsmithing.com. You will need a mask, and I suggest that you get a good one. A mask is important for two reasons, one, it will protect your face, two, if it fogs all that time, isn't comfortable, or doesn't fit, it makes a huge difference in how well you can play. I think the mask is probably the most important piece of paintball equipment. You can make up for any difficiencies in your gun, but not your mask. I use a Game Face Skul mask, but a mask really depends on preference. Some guys have small heads and need a smaller mask and others don't. You might look into a mask that can except ventilation fans too, they help to keep the lens from foging. You might want a small harness to keep extra pods in. I prefer a 4-6 pod harness, anything bigger and I think it just gets in the way. Assuming that your gun will come with a hopper and tank I won't say anything about that stuff. I assume you already have some kind of cammo too, and that is fine for woodsball or scenario ball. That is all I can think of that you just have to have. I would suggest going to a field and renting equipment to try the sport out before you just jumped into and spent all that money on gear. Good luck.
    Run fast, shoot straight.

Comment

Here's what I suggest. Instead of first buying a gun, go to a local paintball field and try several guns out. They normally have a wide variety to choose from, so once you find the right one for you, you can see what you want.

There is no need to get decked out with anything. The extent of what you will need is a gun, a hopper, 2-3 Co2 tanks, 2,000 rounds of paintballs, a protective mask, and a carrying case.

For clothing, just wear whatever for the moment. Until you really get serious, don't buy jerseys and such until you feel that you would like to make the investment.

Once you are ready to make considerable investments in paintball, there are several places to get what you want. The best thing to do is to go to a local store. Find what you want there and then you get it when you leave. Second best if you live like where I live, is you should buy online. http://www.paintballgear.com/ is a great one. It's based in Illinois like you and me so shipping is quite fast. They sell at very good prices, easy to use interface, and large selection.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks everybody... this is kinda in a small group... there is a place REALLY super close that has paintball and I've tried out some Tippmans and Spy(i?)ders and I like the Tippmans more. Cammies... I got the ones I bought for JROTC and I take my dad's advice of wearing a steel helmet with your mask... it makes it safer and a bit more fun...

I just need some $$$ to even go and rent stuff and have fun!!!
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
          Thanks everybody... this is kinda in a small group... there is a place REALLY super close that has paintball and I've tried out some Tippmans and Spy(i?)ders and I like the Tippmans more. Cammies... I got the ones I bought for JROTC and I take my dad's advice of wearing a steel helmet with your mask... it makes it safer and a bit more fun...

I just need some $$$ to even go and rent stuff and have fun!!!
          To be honest, I don't really think that you will need a steel helmet. It really doesnt make it much safer. Ive been shot on top of my head and the back of my head several times and it more of stunned me than anything. What you really dont want to happen, is to get shot on your adams apple. Thats the worst.

Go for the tippmanns if you are interested in woodball. Spyder is mostly used for speedball.

Comment

Not safety really... Black hair shows. I'm not a baseball cap type person and I'm wearing B.D.U.'s.... I go "military"

Comment

I haven't posted on here in such a long time. Anyways, I'd either go for a pump gun, or a bottom line Spyder. Depends on how hard core you want to get. I wouldn't buy any fancy stuff unless your getting sponsored or you have a team. For clothing I'd just wear jeans and a t-shirt so you don't sweat to death, a cheap mask, and a 100-200 dollar gun and a 9 ounce tank. And I can emphasise this enough but buy a barrel sqeegee. Having paint in the barrel will make you mad and have no fun but sqeegeeing it out will let you have a fun day. You really don't need 2-3 C02 tanks, one will do fine. I have a 9 ounce and it lasted me many games, unless your trigger happy. I'll put a website where you can find nice Spyder guns and you can ask about them at your local paintball store. www.kingmanusa.com. If you have anymore questions, just ask.
              PvtJohnson

Hold your ground men, hold your ground!

Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

If your not mad enough to bare nuckel box, your not mad at all.

Comment

I was thinking about buying cheap Paintball Gun before buying a better one and got any ideas about that, guys?

Comment

Well whats your price range first of all? Well lets put it like this. I bought my first Spyder for 150 Canadian. A Spyder Victor. A great gun for it's price. Now it's down to 80 bucks Canadian. Now you Americans can probibly pick this gun up for 50 bucks. SO I'd go with something along those lines. Like whats 50 bucks?
                  PvtJohnson

Comment

brass eagle, or a misclaneous gun from Wal Mart would do

Comment

Thanks, Nreese, I'll check it at Wal-Mart tomorrow after finish up College and I know there is like 5 or 8 Paintball guns on sale at Wal-Mart, so I'll check out it then.

Comment

If you can't find what you are looking for at Wal-Mart you can get cheap guns off the internet. Vicotrs and Vicotr IIs are pretty easy to find and pretty cheap. Spyder Xtra can be found for $75 and is a very good gun. Good luck.

Comment

If you can't find what you are looking for at Wal-Mart you can get cheap guns off the internet. Vicotrs and Vicotr IIs are pretty easy to find and pretty cheap. Spyder Xtra can be found for $75 and is a very good gun. Good luck.

Comment

Please don't buy Wallmart guns. There all trash. It's in your best interest to avoid them all together.
                            PvtJohnson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X