Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle IPMS

It's April 9.
    I am planning to go but may have to cancel at the very last moment.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
    It's April 9.
    I am planning to go but may have to cancel at the very last moment.
    Thanks for posting this update-Duncan. I dout I will go this year, as I.P.M.S.'s treatment of the -plastic- "sailing ship" portion of the plastic modeling hobby, has caused me to give up on I.P.M.S. all together. Permanently.

Comment

I am reconsidering---I may go, but bring only 5-sailing ships. And agen, place them on the Display Only table.

Comment

Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
        I am reconsidering---I may go, but bring only 5-sailing ships. And agen, place them on the Display Only table.
        GO for it, just because the Seattle IPMS is not wild about sailing ships does not mean the public will not enjoy them. Show them off!! (Leave the FS model magizine book open to you model next to the model)
        wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Originally posted by Wedfactory View Post
          GO for it, just because the Seattle IPMS is not wild about sailing ships does not mean the public will not enjoy them. Show them off!! (Leave the FS model magizine book open to you model next to the model)
          Great idea!
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

I agree you should go, people love to see the old ships, to few people are doing them, and the magazine is a great idea! I love all the models but I guarantee that I would spend some time at your display table!
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            John Adams, 1770

Comment

I doubt I'll be able to make it. I deliver in San Diego Friday morning so there is little to no chance of me being up in Seattle Saturday. I tried to deliver tomorrow but the consignee has too many trucks coming in.
              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

wedfactory--Achtung Baby & modelsinchina, Thankyou all for your very kinde suport. I agree with wedfactory and will be takeing his advice in this, as the national recognition of the magazien has become more emportent to my than a contest award.

Comment

Like I said before, this is a hobby you do for your enjoyment, not the IPMS...
                  wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Originally posted by Wedfactory View Post
                    Like I said before, this is a hobby you do for your enjoyment, not the IPMS...
                    I will bring my camra to take picturs if I dont see Duncan-Freightshaker or Achtung Baby thair, to due a better job of it.

Comment

Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
                      I will bring my camra to take picturs if I dont see Duncan-Freightshaker or Achtung Baby thair, to due a better job of it.
                      Scott won't be there.
                      AB lives in Australia. Probably won't see him.
                      I am going to try and make it but may have to cancel at the very last moment.

Comment

Where were you born Neils?
                        "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Niels;

don't forget:

IPMS

I Piss and Moan Society (namely the judges - a mist admit I have judged as well)

now you know the truth....from a certain point of view...
                          wedmodelfactory.com

Comment

I won't be there either, also alot of these guys seem to come down to
                            Oregon for the show in Sept.

Yeah i fully agree with the judging of IPMS is not real good. Thus i've not
                            entered much in the last 10 years.

Last year i over heard a judge saying to another that the display base of a
                            diorama was messed up a bit and because of that he wasn't voting for it.
                            That dio was fantastic, and i knew the guy that built it, so after the show
                            i told him what i heard so he would know why he didn't win.
                            He couldn't believe it
                            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

I go to see the models for myself. Don't care what the judges say.

I'm going to try and make the McMinville show in 2012. Won't make it this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X