Anti-Paintball Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Paintball Article

At school the other day in health class, we were supposed to look at these dumb health magazines and write a report on one of the articles. Unfortunately, one of the articles was dissing paintball. Here it is:

I DID NOT WRITE THIS ARTICLE!!!!!
    DONT GET MAD AT ME!!!!

WHAT SHE SAYS, IS IN QUOTATION MARKS!!!

Current Health
    By Judy Monroe
    September 2001

"It all happened in a flash. Matt Dillman, 15, had just played an exciting game of paintball with a friend. As he was relaxing on the porch of his sister's farm near Wichita, Kansas, his friend came around the corner of the porch and shot Matt with a small, round capsule of paint."

-What I say- Number one, the people who were playing were pretty dumb to do that, and unfortunately this happens. Number two, if they weren't supposed to be biased, wouldn't they start off with something positive at least?

"The capsule exploded in Matt's right eye, and the small bit of dye tore into his eye, causing it to bleed. After more than a year of constant pain and eye problems, Matt had his eye removed in June 2000."

"Injuries on the Rise"

"Matt isn't the only one who has suffered serious injury=y as a result of paintball. Between 1997 and 1999, some 2,000 paintball-related injuries were reported in U.S. emergency rooms. This does not include the growing number of paintball related injuries seen in doctor's offices, which are not reported."

-What I say-This author is being completely biased and is not showing any other side of the story. Maybe instead of blaming paintball, she should blame the dumba$$ kid who hurt the person!

"According to health experts, many of these injuries result in serious or permanent eye damage. Less serious injures arise, too. Ben remembers when he hit a friend in the cheek with a capsule of paint. "His cheek swelled up like crazy. It turned bright red and later bruised." It took a couple weeks before his friend's cheek looked OK again."

-What I say- Again this sport does not show any other side of the story and like the last example, they are making a little injury like getting shot by a paintball gun, a "Less Serious" injury. They said this, like it’s still serious or something, just 'less.'

"Paint Guns Are Not Toys"

-What I say- No dip Sherlock!

"Since the 1980's, paintball has grown in popularity. About 6.4 million people participated in paintball games in 1999. Played outside, often in a wooded area, paintball is like a combination of tag and hide-and-seek games. Teams use air guns that shoot little, non-toxic, paint-filled balls to mark team members on the opposite team. The goal in the game is to capture a flag or rescue a team member. Teams win when they complete a mission or mark everyone on the opposite team."

-What I say-This author is using the technical term of paintball to prove her point like “Air guns to shoot little, nontoxic, paint filled markers to mark team members on the opposite team.”

-What I say-This next paragraph bugs the crap out of me!!! She’s making it look like a huge deal. Just read!!!

“To shoot with the dye capsules, players aim directly at a person. The game involves real pain. That’s because the guns are powered by carbon dioxide canisters and can shoot their paint-filled capsules at speeds of more than 200mph! That’s the speed of the paintball that hit Matt and seriously damaged his eye. Often participants get bruised while playing.”

-What I say-Its better to be quiet and have people think your stupid, than for you to talk and confirm it.

“When markers are used in backyards and empty playgrounds,” (-What I say-If you are playing in a playground, don’t play paintball anymore because you are the reason why we get such bad crap!!!) “and the games are unregulated, injuries occur.”

-What I say-You all ready know what I’m gonna say….

“This sport may appeal to some people, but it is not a safe sport. Stay away from this sport if you feel afraid!”

-What I say- BITC*!!!!

Why is she taking it out on paintballers in a whole? It was those kids who did it. I can understand that shes mad, but study's show that paintballing's safer than golfing, it's great exercise, and it's a good way to bond with your kids or meet new people. That was a very BIASED article she wrote and look at the magazine it is in. They only get readers from stuff like this. Who knows, she could have played some tennis and golf after this, and got hit in the eye with a ball and lost her eye. She wouldn't go around taking badly about the sport because she understands the game and figures thats one of the risks. You can't control where one of those balls go. It's because she doesn't understand the sport and the kids who were shooting there guns after a game, were, well, stupid to say the least. She only picked on that one extreme case where someone got inujured because of another persons fault. If they were playing a game of paintball and someone lost a eye I could understand her point a view, but they wernt even playing.
    PvtJohnson

Hold your ground men, hold your ground!

Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

If your not mad enough to bare nuckel box, your not mad at all.

Comment

Re: Anti-Paintball Article

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nreese21
      "Since the 1980's, paintball has grown in popularity. About 6.4 million people participated in paintball games in 1999.

I completely agree with both of you.This author is completely biased. First of all if you even if you do get hit in the cheek duh its gonna swell up. And it wasnt matts fault he lost his eye it was the kid who shot him. Most injuries in pb are from falling of diving to the ground. Hell ive run into walls before and hurt myself. but do I go and complain to some stupid health magazine NO. :terms:
      "Thats not my car thats my son!"
      "Dont take your anger out on your parents but your pillow with ak47"

Comment

omg that is the funneist thing ive ever read, i look at that as a comady when i imagine the person whowrot this i see a 40 year old woman with nothing better to do whith her life than complan i mean come on lady get a life, oh and if ur gonna complain bout some thing at least try it

:nonono:
        "I dont want the world to see me because i dont think thay would understand"

"For my prey is not innocent, but ignorant"

Comment

Can you imagine the mental state of that person? This kid came up and shot another kid in the eye after the game was over for no reason and suddenly it's the fault of every single paintballer in the world? I mean, come on.
          Alpine Kommandos

Central Oregon KSK Airsoft Team

Comment

Airosft and paintball are both under assault, so to speak, because of reckless youth (youth being defined as 30 and under) who forget (or more likely don't care) that without safety gear, someone IS going to get hurt. Drive-by paintball is up as well.

Geez, and to think we played 'gotcha' during school with licky-sticky-dart guns.
            If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

i resent that, im well under 30 but i still follow the rules so do my friends i think only like hillbillys would do sum thing like that

Comment

So do I, but I get lumped in there as a militia-training gun wacko for airsoft. I only care if they start trying to pass laws outlawing it, other than that... mox nix.

Actually it's middle-class Idiots (with a capital I) doing the drive-bys. Hillbillies and inner-city kids can't afford a paintball gun... though they are sold at Wal-Marts now...

Comment

Ya you can buy bullets at Wallmart. Whats more dangerous? A .303 shell or a paintball.
                  PvtJohnson

Hold your ground men, hold your ground!

Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

If your not mad enough to bare nuckel box, your not mad at all.

Comment

Hm. Id have to say a .303 bullet. Ive been shot in the head once with a paintball and i was light headed for about 5 minutes. ONce again i say this author is completely biased. But what can we do about it except write on forum boads saying how much of a [email protected]$#% she is!
                    "Thats not my car thats my son!"
                    "Dont take your anger out on your parents but your pillow with ak47"

Comment

did u no kids cant buy paint balls beacuse they're under 18 yet a kid can go to the gardining department and buy a 3ft masheti (sry i cant spell worth crap)

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Dirk6565
                        did u no kids cant buy paint balls beacuse they're under 18 yet a kid can go to the gardining department and buy a 3ft masheti (sry i cant spell worth crap)
                        Yeah, the author should be writing about something like that. Which is more dangerous, a small plastic ball with paint (non-toxic paint I might add) inside or a 2 foot razor sharp knife?
                        Alpine Kommandos

Central Oregon KSK Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Dirk6565
                          depends on what state you live in

Comment

It's the anti-gun crowd looking to demonize anything even remotely related to war, soldiering, or guns. The same people that think GI Joe in inappropriate and want FPSs blamed for school shootings.:crazy:

Comment

i dont understand the people that do that vieolent games (if u can call it that) have been around since the first cave man wanted to practice his hunting skill wit a bow and arrow and the roman had gladiators. so i think they sould mind ther own bussiness when it comes to recreational accedents that happe one out of every like 2000 games

Comment

Working...
                              X