Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Russian Spetsnaz the best special forces in the world in hand to hand combat?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are Russian Spetsnaz the best special forces in the world in hand to hand combat?

    I read somewhere that the Russian Spetsnaz are the best special Forces in the world in Hand to Hand Combat and martial arts.I read that they spend more time training in hand to hand combat than any other special forces in the world including the Navy Seals,Ranger,Green Berets,Delta and even the SAS and the Israeli Commandos and that a Russian Spetsnaz could easily a Green Beret,Navy Seal,Ranger,US Marine,SAS Commando, Delta troops and almost any other Special forces commando and troop in the world.In fact the thing I read stated when the Russian Spetsnaz train in hand to hand combat,they not only perfect killing techniques but they also become highly proficient non lethal techniques such as boxing,Judo style throws,wrestling techniques,kicking,and other techniques used commonly in MMA and the way that they train is as though they are training for MMA fights.In fact they train so much in techniques used in MMA and they spar so much MMA style that any Russian Spetsnaz is more than a much for an expert proffessional fighter in an MMA rules fight!A Russian Spetsnaz will easily be able to adapt quickly to MMA rules and defeat expert MMA fighters without using any killing techniques,just using basic techniques used in MMA!

  • #2
    Congratulations on all your reading.

    Comment


    • #3
      The name certainly is suitable for the OP

      Comment


      • #4
        I always figured I'd be better off being proficient at shooting. I'd rather not engage in all that messy hand to hand stuff
        45B10 1986-91

        Comment


        • #5
          Does it really matter? That is one of the most minor aspects of military operations...
          Кто там?
          Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
          Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

          Comment


          • #6
            Who are those Israeli commandos I keep hearing about?!

            Comment


            • #7
              Indeed Spetsnaz probably are the most skilled SF in hand to hand, but that doesn't matter if you get shot before you can make those skills count. No competent soldier is going to put himself in a position where he was to rely on his fighting skills. Spetsnaz's excellence in one field of minimal importance is well, it doesn't mean much at all. I'm no expert on the matter of special forces, but I seriously doubt that Spetsnaz is superior to western special forces in tactics, experience, and other things.
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

              Comment


              • #8
                With constant war in north Caucasus, they doesn't lack the experience. As they are a elite force they may have more advanced weapons that the other units.
                There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                  Indeed Spetsnaz probably are the most skilled SF in hand to hand, but that doesn't matter if you get shot before you can make those skills count. No competent soldier is going to put himself in a position where he was to rely on his fighting skills. Spetsnaz's excellence in one field of minimal importance is well, it doesn't mean much at all. I'm no expert on the matter of special forces, but I seriously doubt that Spetsnaz is superior to western special forces in tactics, experience, and other things.

                  However there is no doubt that the Spetsnaz are superior to American special forces,SAS, and other Western Special forces in 2 things aside from hand to hand combat: Arctic Warfare, and fighting in Afghanistan's terrain.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Thought this thread called for it XD
                    Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SegaSaturnGamer View Post
                      However there is no doubt that the Spetsnaz are superior to American special forces,SAS, and other Western Special forces in 2 things aside from hand to hand combat: Arctic Warfare, and fighting in Afghanistan's terrain.
                      The Soviet Invasion of A-Stan was over 20 years ago. The Spetsnaz that served there are in there 40s, 50s, and 60s by now. So no they are not better than Western special forces in that role. JFT2 has proved to be one of the best when it comes to that. Arctic warfare? Has Spetsnaz ever fought engagements in the Arctic circle? No.

                      Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                      With constant war in north Caucasus, they doesn't lack the experience. As they are a elite force they may have more advanced weapons that the other units.
                      They are combat experienced yes, but have no experience in a wide variety of terrain. The Spetsnaz of today have no experience in operations outside their own country. They're fight in Chechnya and Georgia, that's it.
                      A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                        The Soviet Invasion of A-Stan was over 20 years ago. The Spetsnaz that served there are in there 40s, 50s, and 60s by now. So no they are not better than Western special forces in that role. JFT2 has proved to be one of the best when it comes to that. Arctic warfare? Has Spetsnaz ever fought engagements in the Arctic circle? No.
                        They have certainly served in arctic regions, during ww2 forces similar to the spetsnaz took several important objects in Norway so you are way of stating that they never fought in the arctic. Besides there is or was at least until recently special teams with the single purpose of hunting down escaped prisoners in Siberia, then there is various skirmishes with criminals and terrorists. There is for example spetsnaz units hunting illegal fisherman of caviar. And recently spetsnaz unit wasted a couple of terrorists.



                        They are combat experienced yes, but have no experience in a wide variety of terrain. The Spetsnaz of today have no experience in operations outside their own country. They're fight in Chechnya and Georgia, that's it.
                        Eh no, Russia offers all kind of terrain from Tundra to Mediterranean terrain and deserts. Spetsnaz units are being trained in all areas, and to a degree cycled so that they get experience from several.
                        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

                        Max Sterner

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                          With constant war in north Caucasus, they doesn't lack the experience. As they are a elite force they may have more advanced weapons that the other units.
                          Indeed, they have weapons even the most hardened weapon maniac in the US never heard about.
                          “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

                          Max Sterner

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This discussion will only be proved once such forces are placed in combat against each other. Then I'm sure the US forces will treat the spetsnaz to a decent buriel.
                            And I'm pretty sure we have samples of each weapon they use.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Psyhcoward View Post
                              This discussion will only be proved once such forces are placed in combat against each other. Then I'm sure the US forces will treat the spetsnaz to a decent buriel.
                              And I'm pretty sure we have samples of each weapon they use.

                              You silly amerikansk! We have great weapona to komplikated for your to understood! We will bury your!
                              “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

                              Max Sterner

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X