World Judo (kata) championships.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Judo (kata) championships.

The world judo kata championships happen in Malta this month. We have a team going from our club. They placed second in Canada and will be one of two teams representing Canada at the world championships.

AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Here is the nage-no-kata of judo. It's pretty dull to watch but is an important demonstration of mechanics and history. There are also other kata.

Here's judo as most people will be familiar with it.

In Nage-no-kata 2:08 is Harai-Goshi (sweeping-hip). You can see it in 0:19 of the MMA video.
    In Nage-no-kata 3:55 is Uchi-Mata (inner-thigh). You can see it in 0:12 of the MMA video.
    And so on.
    Last edited by Duncan; 07 Oct 09, 02:20.

Comment

I like this clip because it shows two techniques that are still taught in judo but illegal in judo competition. An ashi-garami (ankle lock) and dake agi (high lift). And the perhaps soon to be illegal kuchiki taoshi (single leg takedown). Thankfully I don't compete and plan on using it all I want at the club.

Last edited by Duncan; 07 Oct 09, 03:04.

Comment

I enjoyed that
        "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
        Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

Judo is way underrated in the MMA world. I love it when someone uses it in their fight game.
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Best of luck to your Club team.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X