• Show
Clear All

• nreese21
    replied
    ^^^quite right!

Leave a comment:

• chrisvalla
    replied
    Person who abstains...:P since trying and getting it wrong is more funny than not trying at all (and potentially worse depending on how bad the attempts are). Though admittedly, everyone has to start somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Viking67
    replied
    Originally posted by nreese21
    no not really, it makes me higher.

It goes (from the bottom to the top):

Noob, Newbie, Wannabe, Person Who Abstains from it, Descent player, good player, excellent player, pro player.
    So where's "non-existent" on the scale?

V67

Leave a comment:

• nreese21
    replied
    no not really, it makes me higher.

It goes (from the bottom to the top):

Noob, Newbie, Wannabe, Person Who Abstains from it, Descent player, good player, excellent player, pro player.

Skoal!

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Hah.....makes you less than newb. :P

Leave a comment:

• nreese21
    replied
    ^^^I'm not a newb. I just don't play airsoft. So Im not even on the scale.

Skoal!

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Sorry....newbs. :P

AO is Airsoft Ohio, a large group.

OVMB is the group based in Huntington WV....Ohio Valley Mountain Battalion....SS group....we're associated with them.

Leave a comment:

• nreese21
    replied
    what does all this, what seems like, code talk mean?

Skoal!

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    AO have their own rules, however, the OVMB have their own too. You'd have to go to the forums and find them all.

Leave a comment:

• Viking67
    replied
    Originally posted by Storm
    Also, our engagement rules allow for any inaccuracy to be made up.
    Which rules are those? I might need to use them in my next fight.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Never ye mind.

Leave a comment:

• nreese21
    replied
    Originally posted by Storm

However, we do a lot of CQB and KY is having a two-day SF/Ts game in June I believe.
    Huh?

Skoal!

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    The paintball versus airsoft arguement is old and in most cases filled with closed-minded people; it's not worth rehashing and opening up on here over; it's just a matter of preferrence.
    Quite right.

However, we do a lot of CQB and KY is having a two-day SF/Ts game in June I believe.

Leave a comment:

• chrisvalla
    replied
    AEG accuracy is based on a few key things, namely the weight of the BB (anything less than .23g and any breeze will cut your accuracy to around 40ft), the bore size of the barrel (normal stock barrels are 6.08mm.. quite a bit of room for 'bounce' down it, the high-grade barrels are 6.04 and 6.03, but require much higher quality BBs to use), and the FPS in the gun; obviously lower (250-300FPS) weapons will not be as accurate because they can't get the BB going fast enough to beat out over air resistance past 50 feet. Upgraded weapons shooting around 400 FPS have flat trajectories out much futher and sniper weapons shooting with heavy (.3g+) BB with tight barrels and 550FPS upgrades are flat out to 250 ft and you WILL feel them through a vest.

Nreese- your points about people lying about hits are as valid for paintball as well. We even had an ex-paintballer brag of his 'wiping' exploits to avoid being called out by the refs... there's hardly any room to compare the two in this area since there's the same potential for cheating... except that airsoft doesn't use refs and relies exclusively on the honor system (and if they won't call themself out, you unload on them until they do and then hold the trigger down a few extra seconds to convince them to call it sooner next time). It's not tough for any 'loser' to cheat playing either.

There is no fundamental difference between paintball and airsoft if all you did was switch out the 'marker' for an AEG. Woodball is the standard 'style' for airsoft since airsofters don't tend to want to play in closed in pens behind bunkers.

The paintball versus airsoft arguement is old and in most cases filled with closed-minded people; it's not worth rehashing and opening up on here over; it's just a matter of preferrence.

Airsoft is no cheaper if you want to spend the money. An upgraded 450FPS para-M249 with scope, battery-fed 2,500 rnd mag, and customer battery runs around $2,800. On the other hand, for $250, you can get a fully-auto 285-300FPS AEG for backyard plinking.

Jeremy- The Silent Knights are the biggest Houston-area airsoft team, you might try finding more about them and hookingup with them some weekend when they skirmish before dropping some money into airsoft.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    It's cheaper to recharge our batteries, heck yeah.

As for accuracy, remember, they're 6mm BBs anywhere from 12g to 40g. Wind is a definite factor. However, my MP5 is accurate up to 250 feet with NO wind.

Also, our engagement rules allow for any inaccuracy to be made up. Our snipers are extremely accurate, as they shoot up tp a 40g.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X