Which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better?

which is better- paintball or airsoft and why?
    paintball
    23.08%
    airsoft
    76.92%
    Sail on Britannia.

Airsoft for these reasons:

Weapons are more reliable and accurate due to being able to use soild projectiles rather than paintballs.

Airsoft is cheaper in terms of ammo, with 5000 pellets costing under £5

Its harder to trace where airsoft pellets are coming.

And you can walk around with an M249 SAW
    Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

What the esteemed gentleman above me said . Main reason for me is that the guns are far cooler and it's cheaper.

Originally posted by Greasel_burger View Post

And you can walk around with an M249 SAW
      Words cannot express the awesome.

Comment

I fully agree with this. airsoft looks and feels more realistic.
        Sail on Britannia.

Comment

Yeah, airsoft is 100X better when it comes to realism.
          Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

paintball is more fun, but airsoft is more realistic.
            Sail on Britannia.

Comment

I've never played airsoft or paintball, mainly because I was put off by a short TV documentary about it a few years ago, it looked like a crazy free-for-all with everybody running round without rhyme or reason, no battle plans or careful tactics or nothing.
              Has it changed since then?

Comment

Depends on the game, alot are free for all gunfests, but for every one of those you get a methoidcal game with cover fire and supression
                Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

One time, me and my buddies got some bolt action sniper rifles and gille suits and had a sniper battle on my grandpas farm. It was crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                    I've never played airsoft or paintball, mainly because I was put off by a short TV documentary about it a few years ago, it looked like a crazy free-for-all with everybody running round without rhyme or reason, no battle plans or careful tactics or nothing.
                    Has it changed since then?
                    You decide. Its the people that choose if they want to play a gunfest or a simulation, both are valid forms of entertainment.

Comment

Personally i like airsoft. It allows for a certain degree of "dress up", the extent of which depends on the players already. I've seen some players with get-ups so complicated and cumbersome it makes me sweat just looking at them haha... and the element of "realism" just adds another dimension to the game.

There are games wherein its mostly skirmish, and there are games which are day-long. However even skirmish games among strangers usually entail some basic strategy; gone are the days when players just rush pell mell into the fray.
                      "We have no white flag."

Comment

Airsoft is really always better because...

1. cheaper, while still having realism
                        2. Very real-I don't see too many paintballers running around in tacvests, ABS plastic helmets, etc.
                        3. FPS...Not about that airsoft FPS is better or anything, but airsoft guns still have power
                        4. Automatics, scopes, mods, etc.-you can mod an airsoft gun on the outside, as well as inside, and you can still have an automatic airsoft gun (ahem paintballers-attention)

I just got a black Steyr AUG A1 automatic 330 FPS, and I'll probably mod the spring at this store nearby, so I can have it be more powerful
                        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

I would have to go with paintball. Not saying that airsoft isn't fun. I have played the free-for-all type games where you go out with as much paint as you can carry, but the most fun I always had was all of us going out with our pump guns. It was always cheap, never shooting ore than 200 paintballs in a day and you have to pick your shots carefully.
                          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

I personally prefer airsoft. Me and my friends can just go into the wooded area behind my house and go at it. Realism is better and it is cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
                              and you have to pick your shots carefully.
                              And you don't pick your shots carefully in airsoft mate?
                              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X