No announcement yet.

Paintballers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Abu Boy I will most definetly look at more local retail stores for the spyder. How much does it go for again??

Thanks
    :thumb:
    Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

You can find cheap Spyders or you can get high end Spyders for a lot more. But, Im not a Spyder fan so I wouldnt know any thing else about them! Im a Tippmann fan through and through. On a side note, the Tippmann is very reliable and hardly ever jams or breaks a ball! :thumb:
      Keenan K.

"Anything worth living for is worth dying for and anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for."
      -Catch-22

"We're the airborne, we're supposed to be surrounded."
      -Maj. Richard Winters, Bastogne

http://www.warmovie.com/top/gif/bob_banner.jpg

http://specialforces.low-ping.com/us...images/smg.gif

Comment

It depends on what spyder you get. You can get a really nice one for about $300, but I doubt that is what you are looking for. The Victor II sells for around $60, the Xtra sells for around $80-$100, the Imagine, which is an electropneumatic gun sells for about $115 online, but probably closer to $130 out of a store. All those guns are pretty good from what I have heard. The Xtra and Imagine are highly recommended by lots of people, the Xtra also looks very nice if you like shiney guns. At wal-mart I have seen the Xtra for $100, but I have found cheaper at Academy Sports if you have one of those in your area. There are lots of different versions of Spyders, I think almost 30 of them, and some are good and some aren't. The good ones are the TL-Plus, Sonix, Rodeo, Compact Deluxe Java, and 2000, plus the ones I have already mentioned. All the rest are average, and will work alright but not as good as these. The one Spyder that I would recommend the most is the Xtra, and it should rather easy to find.
        Run fast, shoot straight.

Comment

Thank abu_boy I'll probley look at the Victor II because of the cost. If I can get more money I'll look into the extra!

Thanks again
          Peter Williams

Comment

One thing to think about Panzer, is that if your looking to save money, well then just save it until you can afford at least something decent, and stick to stock class. For about $100 you can pick up a PGP pump. With stock class you will save a considerable amount of money on paint, as well a become a much better player because it requires strategy, as well as patience. Now that your saving money on paint, you can set some aside for a better marker, like a spyder imagine (electro - meaning shooting allot of paint) or a Tippmann A-5, Custom 98, or Pro-Carbine. If you shop around you can find some older Autocockers for about $100. I picked up a 98 WGP Autococker for $100, did some upgrades and now it shoots like a dream. Also picked up a 97-99 ANS Autococker for $50 with all the upgrades on it, except the inline reg and barrel.
            MONK
            Member CPPA # 1503
            Member OSOK

Comment

Thanks Monk

Thanks Monk now that You've brought up the subject I could get a much metter deal on a gun if I saved. Thanks
              Peter Williams

Comment

The real question you need to ask yourself is how much time will you spend taking care of it. Low maintainence (sp) can take allot of abuse go Tippmann, higher maintainence (sp) go spyder/piranha for low end. Autococker for mid end $$$.
                MONK
                Member CPPA # 1503
                Member OSOK

Comment

I spend on taking as much time as I need to maintianing it. I really like trying out new hobbies, and I usually don't give up on them especially this one!!

Thanks
                  Peter Williams

Comment

Yes, I agree with Monk, Tippmanns especially the 98 Customs are very easy to maintain and clean and almost NEVER break a ball!
                    Keenan K.

"Anything worth living for is worth dying for and anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for."
                    -Catch-22

Comment

Fraigle paintballs

how fragile are these paintballs?

Thanks
                      Peter Williams

Comment

Not too fragile but they do break without much force. But occasionally while playing you might get something in your barrel that'll cause the ball to break inside.
                        Keenan K.

-Catch-22

Comment

Paintballs need to withstand enough pressure to not break with air pushing it at 200 - 900 PSI but fragile enough to break when they hit a person at a lower speed.
                          MONK
                          Member CPPA # 1503
                          Member OSOK

Comment

Paintball sting

I've heard form many people that when a paintball hits you it stings much like a beesting. I this true especially when wearing protective armor??

Thanks
                            :thumb:
                            Peter Williams

Comment

I liken it more to someone snapping a towel at you. Harder the shell, harder the sting. None breaks sting more, as well as kidney and shots to the top of the head. Body armor will lessen this. While playing your adrenaline is up quite a bit, so it lessens the blow. Although if you get hit while walking of the field it will sting more as your guard is down. I notice this allot when reffing.
                              MONK
                              Member CPPA # 1503
                              Member OSOK

Comment

Yeah thats about right Monk. I have found that body armor at least for me is pretty useless. I figure If I want ot avoid getting hit I had better have a reason and getting hit with it hurting makes me want to avoid it more.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X