Paintballers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintballers

Looking for some good information on paintball equipment. Web links, magazines, etc.

Played many years ago before I joined the Army and a few times while serving. Now that I am a civilian again I am looking forward to getting back into the game. But due to my time away from it I find myself totally in the dark about what is good, decent, crap, etc.

Any assistance would be great and thank you in advance!

try www.pbreview.com

Comment

www.pbnation.com is an alright site too, but not as good as pbreview. Just don't be afraid to ask guys who have been in the loop for a while questions. Might consider joining the forums at both sites if you already haven't. There is an infinite wealth of information in those things. good luck.
      Run fast, shoot straight.

Comment

INFO ON PAINTBALL

I am thinking of starting up paintball, but I'm not sure how to begin. Can someone help me with this??

THANKS

I live In Cincinnati, Ohio
        Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

try and see if you can rent a gun at a local course to see if you enjoy it first( you probably will)next deside which gun to buy this desision is based on funds and whatever your prefence is my self i would go with a tippmann because of cost relability and the fact that they are easy to up grade the type of gun you choose whould also depend on the type of game you play if you play woods ball a tippmann with an after market barrel is probably all you need

Comment

Price question

How much does a quality Tippman cost???
            How much do the paintball rounds cost???
            Do I need to purchase all the armor??

Thanks
            Peter Williams

Comment

Tippman I think is about 150 or 200 dollars
              Paint depends on where you buy it. Wal-Mart 1000 round is like 27 bucks. You only really need the facemask but having been shot in the hand I would recommend hard backed half finger gloves also. Thats about all I play with. Oh and if you use CO then its about 4 - 6 bucks to fill the tank.

Comment

Low costing paintball gun

Is there a Paintball gun that cost between 50-70 dollars that is quality??

Thanks

Peter Williams

Comment

My personal favorite is the ACI Maveric. Its a pump but for my type of game that doesn't matter much it cost me about 65 or 70 I think.

Comment

If you want a semi-auto gun you might check into a Spyder Vistor II or an Izon Z. They are around that prize range at places like www.888paintball.com. If you buy off ebay you can usually find good used guns in your price range, like a Tippmann Model 98 or 98 Custom. Those guns are hard to screw up, and easy to fix, so there usually isn't much you have to watch for buying them off ebay. Just be sure and ask the seller if they are working, when the last time they were used was, and I always ask why they are selling them. You can ask other detailed questions too. Have the guns ever been modified, and by who. Lots of people try to do custom modifications to their tippmanns, especially trigger jobs, and I would stay away from those. It can sometimes damage the parts. Always ask if the gun leaks too. I bought a 98c with an expansion chamber, mask, remote coil, hopper, and tank for under $150. It was used, but Tippmann's are typically rock solid guns, so it doesn't make that much a difference if they are used as long as they haven't been left outside for days on end. Anyway, good luck getting into the sport. It is definitely the greatest sport ever, and there is always the need for new paintballers. Can never have too many:thumb:
                    Run fast, shoot straight.

Comment

TO: Abu Boy

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to start. I'll check out Ebay!!

Thanks again
                      Peter Williams

Comment

note

one piece of good advise is never ever ever buy anything made by brass eagle its all crap guns, masks and paint its all junk

Comment

kast06 thanks

thanks for the warning, I did not know they were poorly made! I'll look into tippman!!

thanks for the heads up!!!!
                          :thumb:
                          Peter Williams

Comment

Re: note

Originally posted by kast06
                            one piece of good advise is never ever ever buy anything made by brass eagle its all crap guns, masks and paint its all junk
                            Yeah, Brass Eagle is junk. I have a Tippmann 98 Custom with a teardrop barrel. Its very nice and Panzerboy I would definitely reccommend the Tippmann 98 Custom, it's extremely reliable and it's quite cheap!:thumb:
                            Keenan K.

"Anything worth living for is worth dying for and anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for."
                            -Catch-22

"We're the airborne, we're supposed to be surrounded."
                            -Maj. Richard Winters, Bastogne

http://www.warmovie.com/top/gif/bob_banner.jpg

http://specialforces.low-ping.com/us...images/smg.gif

Comment

How much is the Tippman 98 custom, where can I find it???

Thanks!!
                              Peter Williams

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X