Comment

thanks for the info i heard somthing like that to

Comment

New Tippman

CHeck out this site http://www.tippmann.com/markers/default.asp

should give you some info.

Comment

a-5

thanks for the info never thought to check the "offical" web site. stupid me. thanks again.

Comment

I have heard mixed things about the a-5. Some guys say it isn't as good as it was talked up to be, and that it isn't as good as the 98c. It sure does look nice though If you are looking at buying one I would be careful before you paid the $220 price tag.
            Run fast, shoot straight.

Comment

A-5 ... hmmm ....

I'd never seen an A-5 in action until recently.

And I really still haven't.

At one of our monthly woodball games here in Michigan, a youngster had his new, tricked-out A-5. His folks had spent a ton of money on this kid's marker: electronic trigger, air, remote line, etc.

Only problem is, he chopped a bunch of balls in that special hopper-feed system. It looked like a Sherwin Williams wet dream in there. No chance to field clean it w/o a hose. He was forced to rent a field marker (Tippmann carbine, fine tough stuff).

I've heard a lot of good about the A-5, but these was a horror story. Kinda made me think twice about it. I'll settle for my Tippy 98-C. Takes a beating and keeps on firing!

Comment

Money Money Money and more money... It is the gun 50%, and the man behind the gun the other 50%
                Navy Seals- The only easy day was yesterday

Comment

"Money Money Money and more money... It is the gun 50%, and the man behind the gun the other 50%"

That is debatable, but I will let it slide.

Comment

The truth of the matter is that paintball is expensive, especially when it comes to paint. Once you have a marker set up all you need to do it take good care of it and you shouldn't have to many expenses for fix-it-up. Unless you are of course one of those people that needs to have the newest and latest. But that is controlable. As for the paint. Well to cut down on paint use, change to playing stock class (uses less paint, builds more skill). I have seen people take on teams at the pro level playing nothing but stock and win. People that spray paint rely mostly on hoping that random shot will make it, or used to keep people down (much like a gunner). In a squad there is usually less of these than actual rifleman. Once you got those skills down, and can control your paint flow switch up to a semi-auto (manual or electro). The one advantage to this is that if it gets a bit hairy or if you are called on for support you can lay down the fire. On a average I use 1/2 to a case of paint for a 24hr scenario game depending on the role I am in. When sniping (sharpshooting) I can use less then 500. At night I carry cigar tubes of 10 paintballs and insert it into my feed tube. Add with night vision and I can truly get "one shot, one elimination" Something that you usually can't get at night.
                    MONK
                    Member CPPA # 1503
                    Member OSOK

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long

The "evolution" of paintball guns seem to consist of going for the "spray and pray" method. going for full auto thousand dollar gizmos I cant justify to my wife,much less myself.

Didnt mean this to turn into a rant,Has anyone else noticed the above?

While I do agree with some of the PR stuff as more of the Wargaming MilSim stuff has moved into Airsoft which is much more realistic. I do think that some of the hype and marketing has become ridiculous. But if you look more into scenario ball you will still see a more open ended play of paintball and is open to everyone. Stock or sprayer, you will still have a place.
                      MONK
                      Member CPPA # 1503
                      Member OSOK

Comment

Hey Monk, do you use a Phantom? It sounded like from your posts that you did. Are they worth the money? I am thinking about getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Boy
                          I have heard mixed things about the a-5. Some guys say it isn't as good as it was talked up to be, and that it isn't as good as the 98c. It sure does look nice though If you are looking at buying one I would be careful before you paid the $220 price tag.
                          That's what I herad. I alos heard that if you have a 98c and want to get a more high-end gun you can do a lot better than the A-5. Hell, I love my Tippmann especially with it's better barrel!
                          Keenan K.

"Anything worth living for is worth dying for and anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for."
                          -Catch-22

"We're the airborne, we're supposed to be surrounded."
                          -Maj. Richard Winters, Bastogne

http://www.warmovie.com/top/gif/bob_banner.jpg

http://specialforces.low-ping.com/us...images/smg.gif

Comment

No Phantom here. I have 3 markers.

1: PGP stock handgun $89

2: 98 WGP RF Autococker, with eclipse (not electro) trigger, and Kaner system $100 + upgrades

3: 97 ANS RF Autococker with slide trigger $50
                            MONK
                            Member CPPA # 1503
                            Member OSOK

Comment

dye barrel and auto response

I HAVE A 14" DYE BOOMSTICK, WORKS GREAT. I ALSO HAVE A AUTO RESPONSE TIRIGGER AND I DO PLAY IN THE WOODS. IT WORKS GREAT IN MOST SITUATIONS AND LETS ME PUT OUT AS MUCH PIANT AS POSSIBLE SO MY BUDDIES CAN MOVE UP AND LETS ME HAVE AN INCREASED CHANCE OF HIITING THEM SONS OF GUNS TOO.

Comment

I'm a paintballer as well. I just got an Angel Speed. Very sweet. 30 Balls per SECOND! Yes that fast.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X