Paintball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope

I've only used my stock barrel and the Flatline. I've heard good things about the Dye ceramic, so I may try one of those.

It I can find something that gives me good distance and accuracy w/o heavy chopping, I'll be a happy man. Those few extra feet can mean the difference of which side you're on in a paintball Dien Bien Phu.

Comment

You ever had a chance to use a paintball mortar or anything like that?
      Run fast, shoot straight.

Comment

Fireworks in SC

My friends, I live here in the beautiful state of North Carolina, which is just north of South Carolina. Makes sense, doesn't it? Anyhoo, do not, I repeat, DON'T go to South of the Border to get your noisemakers, pop-boom thingys. The best one I've found so far is Circus fireworks on the main drag (business 95) in Florence. Amazing variety, fair prices. Never go to SOB. Have fun. Be Safe.
        Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

I used to play it more back in the 80's in high school in FL. Back when you could wear shop goggles and used pump pistols. I still go out when I go home on leave (home being N. MN which has far better terrain anyways) and used a combo of the 70-80 dollar guns that you see at K mart. Every once in a while,I think it would be cool to go to one of the "fields" However,Everytime I look at one of the magazines devoted to it,It seems as if the majority of the people who play it-and make their money off it- want to turn it into some sort of "extreme sport" complete with freazoids with green hair and face piercings running around on a open field doing bounding overwatches one each other. Oh,and heaven forbid if you wear camo or even refer to your "marker" as a gun. It's bad PR for their "sport" you know....

The "evolution" of paintball guns seem to consist of going for the "spray and pray" method. going for full auto thousand dollar gizmos I cant justify to my wife,much less myself.

Didnt mean this to turn into a rant,Has anyone else noticed the above?
          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

p8nt ball

hey im new here i saw some of your postings about dif barrel types and would like to say that ive had very very good luck with two piece barrells made by all american and freek for my tippmann 98 it increseed my range and accuracy by atleast 50 yards. would also like to say that if you buy a gun for more than 200 your wasting your money in my eyes if tippmann can manufacture a gun for $150 then why cant the other companys

also ive been wondering if it would be worth it to buy a compresed air system what are the advantages of this type of system?

Comment

What's Better Co2 or HPA?

To answer this question you will first have to understand the dynamics of both air sources. Co2 is very temperature sensitive, meaning that ambient temperature has a direct effect on the tanks output pressure. Co2 is also stored as a liquid in your tank, there is a small area in your tank that contains Co2 in it's gas state called a "vapor bubble" As you fire you gun you notice how the tank gets cold? well like i said before this is cause by the liquid co2 changing into a gas, and as your tank keeps getting colder the more you fire, it also lowers your operating pressure. This drop in pressure results in a not so consistent velocity. Ever play in the winter time, or in a super cold environment, and all of a sudden your tank gun starts to spudder after you filled it? It's so cold outside that there is barely enough pressure in the tank to recock your gun. Being Temperature sensitive is the draw back to Co2. However just because your using Co2 doesn't mean you can't gog that guy with that Blue Dark Angel on the other team!

HPA on the other hand is not prone to these same conditions. Summer or Winter, the pressure in a HPA tank will always be the just about the same with maybe very very very minor fluctuations, but nothing that you will notice, it will not prevent you from playing at all! N2 or compressed air its a much more cleaner gas then Co2, and also this makes your marker a lot happier. HPA is just much more consistent then Co2, and this is the main reason why HPA is a better air source. The drawback to HPA is that it's not as widely available as Co2 is, and the cost of an actual tank is much more expensive then a Co2 tank. You should always make sure that you have a way to fill your HPA tank before you purchase one. Not all fields have HPA fill stations for players that need it.

Comment

"The "evolution" of paintball guns seem to consist of going for the "spray and pray" method. going for full auto thousand dollar gizmos I cant justify to my wife,much less myself."

You are somewhat correct, but you are missing a point. Real fire arms have risen in ROF as well, and the emphasis has turned from the muzzle loading musket to the high rate of fire guns of today. There are weapons that can put out over 2,000rpm, generally speaking is not the same as a paintball gun that can shoot 18bps? Some people do play with the "spray and pray" sort of philosophy. But, most of the professional players do not. They have the high rates of fire to cover, especially in speed ball. The back player has to be able to put out the bps to keep his front players covered.

They do have stock class turnaments where all that is allowed are pump guns with 10-15 round tubes. In scenario games, which is the new up coming type of paintball play lots of guys you pump markers. The CCI Phantom seems to be a favorite among those sort of players.

As far as the NPPL tournaments and they actual official stuff, they are trying to make money, so they do what they have to in order to attract a crowd. It is very dificult to watch a scenario game unfold in a large area, but it is very easy to watch a game on 150'x80' field with bunkers on it. And, the reason for no camo, when the bunkers are blue, yellow, and red BDU's aren't going to do you a whole lot of good.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Comment

yeah i can see why you might want alot of firepower but why not just install an e-grip on a tippmann? much cheaper and reliable.

Comment

I've heard a lot about scenario games,Pity I never wind up living near a place that does them.

Realizing that speedball and whats come to be called "rec-ball" are indeed apples and oranges,I guess it just aggrivates me a bit to see something I enjoy selling out. Ever pick up magazines on paintball? I gave up on one such publication because it just covered different pro teams. Another negative is there seems to be a lot of grousing about "non-pro" players embarassing their "sport" by wearing camoflauge and calling their "marker"
                    a "gun". (oh,heaven forbid!)

Before I sound too bitter on the subject,let me aska question since it sounds like everyone else on this thread has invested more cash into their guns then I have: Is it possible for the more expensive ones such as an autococker or automag to be adapted for CO2 cartridges. I live (when Im back in the states,anyway)
                    nowhere near a field and cant fill one of those larger tanks.
                    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

yes you can use the use the cartrages but you'll probably only get 10-15 shots from one.

Comment

You might check your local sports stores to see if they fill will fill tanks. A couple do around here(Sports Authority). If you switch to 12 grams just be ready to switch them out quite often. I am not sure what gun you have, but you probably won't get any more than 30 good shots out of it at the max.

About the expensive gun compared to cheaper, upgraded gun, I did a little research and found these.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hreadid=212257

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hreadid=214604

Check them out if you want to and draw your won conclusions. I don't really understand the logic behing buying a $1,500 gun either, so I am not going to try and explain it.

Comment

I got my ACI Maveric which is a pump but i don't play speed ball. My paint ball is 40 people out in the woods split into teams who then try to eliminate each other. I tend to hide and snipe not spray and pray.

Comment

A stingray and a tiger shark. Courtesy of K mart.
                            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

scenario games

scenario games are a blast thats all i'll play any more every thing else is just a waste of time and money.

also i've heard rumors that tippmann is developing yet another semi auto marker. wondering if any one else has heard anything.

Comment

new tippmann

i beleive i have heard somthing about the new marker suposidly called the A2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X