Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow just came back...

..from my first time playing paintball.

That was an awful lot of fun I must say. Not sure I want to spend the money (or have the time) to get into it more deeply, but I'll definitely be going again now and then!
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Good times

I didn't try paintball until I was 23-24 years old. The first time I went I was hooked and as time went on i got better and better.

Eventually ended up on a semi-pro team filled with former Army Rangers.
    Bought lots of gear, we dressed like a spec-ops team. Some of my friends spent 1500+ on a gun. I had an autococker, which at the time was near the top of the line.
    It is an expensive hobby if you play a lot and in a lot of tourneys etc!

I miss it a lot, especially being part of such a good team. Knees fell apart and we all got old.
    Play while you can.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Heh, not sure I should be playing even now. All of my limbs are in pain. Apparently running crouched for 3 some hours is not too natural for the body.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

It's loads of fun. I love it. I only play every couple of years. I would like to play every week!
        Publisher
        Armchair General Magazine
        Weider History Group

Comment

I've only played it once, and with a bunch a dumbasses. Trying to get into airsoft
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

Airsoft

Airsoft is getting real popular. The reason most of the guys quit paintball was because of the people that wore bright orange jumpsuits in the field.
            We took it too seriously to even try and play against this group of youngsters.
            Airsoft seems more organized and the players (at least from what I encountered) were serious about it.
            Everyone was in full camo, the guns appeared real and they had more tactics involved. Plus the gear is much cheaper!!

Wish my knees could still do it, I would play them both again.

Chad
            "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Don't count on the airsoft gear being cheaper once you start upgrading things. My upgraded RPK ran about $1200 to up the range and ROF to make it work better in it's support function. Out of the box though most guns run around $300. I know some gear ****** that hit the field with $3k worth of stuff once you factor in radios, laser sights, red dots, headsets, non-US BDUs, grenades, extra magazines, goggles, helmets, web gear, and at least a primary and back-up weapon.

Woodsball paintball is similar to airsoft in that BDUs and tactics are used on large natural terrain fields; I gave up on fieldball with the 'obstacles' and cover props LONG ago.
              Last edited by chrisvalla; 02 Dec 07, 22:58.
              If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X