No announcement yet.

Martial Arts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok ok - if you aren't going by quality of music videos here's another key. Wear Affliction t-shirts, talk a lot of shite, and engage in shoving matches at the bar. Then folks will know not to mess with you. If you really want to be taken seriously show up at an MMA club every month or two and learn to strut.

AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Here's the real deal in badd @$$... Two eyes and some teeth for nothing!

It hurts just to watch him do it as demonstration.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
        The thing that took my kata to the next level is what we call "metsuke." On a superficial level, it's where you focus your eyes. On a deeper level, it's bringing the scenario to life in your head by envisioning and feeling every attack and block so that it's "real" to you.

One thing that I am very fortunate in is that my employer conducts regular krav maga training, which features grappling, ground fighting, firearms takeaways and retention among other things. I enjoy the balance between art and practicality. In the much deeper meaning of training (and to use a Zen-ism) at the higher levels of learning, they are one in the same. It's sort of "wax on, wax off." Do a kata enough and with the right meaning and it becomes part of you and not just a series of moves.
        The thing that took my kata to the next level, which is pretty abysmal still, is realizing that my coach is on the grading board and will be one of the judges at every kata competition I enter. Mistakes will be met with the most performance enhancing skills of a coach. Stern looks and silence.
        AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
        The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X