Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

WW2 maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=drakos]Hi! Thanks for the positive remark.
    I dont have that map. Its a very "specialized" one.
    What I have covering Greece is an italian map from -41 printed in Milano.Scale 1: 500.000
    Goran

Comment

Goranw, did you get my email?
      a brain cell

Comment

Hi Laszlo!
        Glad to hear from You.
        Thanks for the interesting maps.
        The Stalingrad area is the one that is most difficult to
        cover.I have "around the city" in 300.000 D49 and some
        maps in scale 2,5 milj covering the roads and rails."Verkehrskarten"
        I dont have ex the OKH strategische Żbersichtskarte
        for the area
        .I have that for Hungary jan-41 scale 1: 1 milj, a hungarian map in scale 1: 750 000 from -40.and the german grosskarte
        Wien-Budapest P49 Q46 ( 6 karten) from aug-37
        Yours,
        Goran

Comment

Originally posted by goranw
          Hi Laszlo!
          Glad to hear from You.
          Thanks for the interesting maps.
          The Stalingrad area is the one that is most difficult to
          cover.I have "around the city" in 300.000 D49 and some
          maps in scale 2,5 milj covering the roads and rails."Verkehrskarten"
          I dont have ex the OKH strategische Żbersichtskarte
          for the area
          .I have that for Hungary jan-41 scale 1: 1 milj, a hungarian map in scale 1: 750 000 from -40.and the german grosskarte
          Wien-Budapest P49 Q46 ( 6 karten) from aug-37
          Yours,
          Goran
          I thank you for the maps!
          What I am looking for is the upper left corner of this attached map (south of Voronezs/Voronezh where the Hungarian 2nd army was in defense).

The Hungarian maps I am looking for is the map of Hungary after the Yugoslavian campaign. After that campaign Hungary reached the peak size of the country during WWII, and that was the border until 1945. I am interested in the 1944-45 battles, so I need that borders. The maps you mentioned are all earlier.

Anyway, thanks! And keep up the good works! (Anyway what kind of scanner do you use, I am thinking of buying an A3 scanner, but if there is cheap A0-A2 scanner, that would be better...)

Laszlo
          Attached Files
          a brain cell

Comment

Hi again. Now I understand better what You want.
            The south Woronesh area are covered in
            Operationskarte Russland Blatt 2 may-42
            ‹bersichtskarte Russland Nord jun-41
            ‹bersichtskarte Leningrad-Charkow sept -40
            Luftwaffe Żbersichtskarte Russland Nord/SŁd - july -41
            but all of these are in scale 1. 1 milj and none goes east of
            42 grad.
            In 300.000 I have 3 maps ;Zusammendruck z52-a50 Stary Oskol-Starobelsk long 36-40 . Luftwaffe july-42 variant and a stichkarte variant from nov-41.
            and b52Borissoglebsk long 40-42
            In 100.200 and 500.000 I have nothing this far east.

My scanner is an A3 scanner of quite low quality
            but its often enough for maps.A2 would be nice but its too expensive for an amateur like me.And I have some fear for the coming moment when big high quality scanners make it difficult to separate originals from fakes.(When printed out) But as it is now its nearly impossible to ex scan a Zusammendruckkarte about 12 A3 scans and the work to put them together
            in ex Photoshop
            Goran
            Last edited by goranw; 26 Mar 06, 08:54.

Comment

Hi again. Now I understand better what You want.
              The south Woronesh area are covered in
              Operationskarte Russland Blatt 2 may-42
              ‹bersichtskarte Russland Nord jun-41
              ‹bersichtskarte Leningrad-Charkow sept -40
              Luftwaffe Żbersichtskarte Russland Nord/SŁd - july -41
              but all of these are in scale 1. 1 milj and none goes east of
              42 grad.
              In 300.000 I have 3 maps ;Zusammendruck z52-a50 Stary Oskol-Starobelsk long 36-40 . Luftwaffe july-42 variant and a stichkarte variant from nov-41.
              and b52Borissoglebsk long 40-42
              In 100.200 and 500.000 I have nothing this far east.

My scanner is an A3 scanner of quite low quality
              but its often enough for maps.A2 would be nice but its too expensive for an amateur like me.And I have some fear for the coming moment when big high quality scanners make it difficult to separate originals from fakes.(When printed out) But as it is now its nearly impossible to ex scan a Zusammendruckkarte about 12 A3 scans and the work to put them together
              in ex Photoshop
              Goran
              would you post them on your website? It seems I will have time in April to go to the military map archive in Hungary, I know they have maps of the Voronezh region, so I try to get them...

for bigger maps I use the scanning service near me, they scanned the maps I sent, but their top dpi is 400. I found good priced A3 scanner, but now I will look for A2-A0...
              a brain cell

Comment

Hi!
                Please give a priority list . And long. lat. for the interesting area. Which scale has priority? Which date? These are
                very big maps so they are difficult to scan and put together. To scan them all is about 100 scans.The merging programm demands some over lapping in the scans.
                Goran

Comment

Hi!
                  Please give a priority list . And long. lat. for the interesting area. Which scale has priority? Which date? These are
                  very big maps so they are difficult to scan and put together. To scan them all is about 100 scans.The merging programm demands some over lapping in the scans.
                  Goran
                  Well, nothing hurry about it, so when you have time, and one map is more than enough per month so don't worry I will start my Don project after I finish the Hungarian battles, so there is so much time...

here is the coordinates of the Don river-bend where the Hungarians fought.
                  In the right side you can see the Don river with a double bend (90 degree left, then 90 degree right bend). Voronezh is in the Don river, just to help you to find the river...
                  Attached Files
                  a brain cell

Comment

http://www.bibl.u-szeged.hu/bibl/mil.../don_anim.html

an animation of the fight
                    a brain cell

Comment

Hi! Very interesting projects You are working with.I wish I could read hungarian.Tell me when You start the Don project.Regarding Hungary; It seems You have contact
                      with a lot of resources. Its very professional, What maps in detail do You want me to look for?
                      Goran

Comment

Hi! Very interesting projects You are working with.I wish I could read hungarian.Tell me when You start the Don project.Regarding Hungary; It seems You have contact
                        with a lot of resources. Its very professional, What maps in detail do You want me to look for?
                        Goran
                        thanks.

anything on the Don river-bend, and Hungary in 1941 would be fine. No problem if you cannot find anything as I have already enough maps, but the more the best
                        a brain cell

Comment

Planheft 1. 100 000 d posted. See at tdg.nu for text
                          and mannaberg.se for the "map of maps"
                          Goran

Comment

Hi goranw. Thank you for your reply. Could you upload for me this italian map you have mentioned? It would be very helpfull for me.

Comment

Hi Drakos! THe map is very big. Nearly impossible to scan. Which area are You most interested in. So I know where to start.
                              Goran

Comment

Private Message: map
                                01 Apr 06, 03:58

drakos
                                Recruit Join Date: Mar 2006

map

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Goran. How are you? It is a very good idea to scan a part of the map. The territory I am interested in is, in northern Greece. It is among the cities of, Thessaloniki. Serres, Kilkis and the northern border with Bulgary. This is the area, which the Nazis hit the Metaxa line in 1941. The Metaxa line was so good prepared and organized, that the Nazis could not cross it in any place.The invasion in Greece, was made through Serbia, and the Metaxa line was surrounded from the south. I would like to study this invasion on a military map. Of course it would be better if I had a bigger scale map. How could I find one? Where have you find your maps? Could you find the one I mentioned above? Thank you for your time . Tasos {It is my name}

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X