No announcement yet.

Really Good World Historicial Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find Omniatlas is a very useful interactive historical atlas. Not only does it show historical events and boundaries but it links to wiki articles with more information about the events. I particularly like how you can see when regional events occurred and compare them to events in the same region and time period that normally wouldn't be associated with them. For example the North America 1863 map allows you to see what was happening with both the French adventure in Mexico and the Spanish adventure in Santa Domingo and compare them to what was happening during the American Civil War. This site is really good for thinking up alternate histories.

Comment

While I should do this in a new thread, I'm placing here for now since it revolves around current mapping tech and the "glitches" it contains; 'today's current being tomorrow's history' ...

How Cartographers for the U.S. Military Inadvertently Created a House of Horrors in South Africa

https://gizmodo.com/how-cartographer...y-c-1830758394
      Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
      Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X