Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Odyssey - 28th - 30th August 2004.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Odyssey - 28th - 30th August 2004.

For anyone living in the UK, or just passing through, it might be worth setting aside some of your time to visit this year's Military Odyssey event at the Kent County Show Ground over the Bank Holiday weekend of 28th, 29th and 30th August.

This event is being advertised as the Country's Largest Multi-Period Living History Event and also the Worlds largest event of its type.

There will be two arenas/battlefields with re-enactors from many eras - from the era of ancient Rome, to the English Civil War, through to both World Wars.

I'm hoping to be able to attend the event myself.

Military Odyssey is proud to announce the Sealed Knot are attending this years show as a major muster, fielding in excess of 2500 members.

Also:

WW2 German Tiger Tank (it must be a replica, it's not the one from Bovington and it doesn't look quite right in the photo) will be taking part in one of the largest WW2 recreations staged this year, along with aircraft, pyrotechnics and other tanks.

The official website is here:

http://www.military-odyssey.com/

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Gutted!

I am somewhat gutted right now as I've been afflicted with a viral infection which is causing inflammation in all my bones and joints - in summary, no Military Odyssey for me.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: Gutted!

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
      I am somewhat gutted right now as I've been afflicted with a viral infection which is causing inflammation in all my bones and joints - in summary, no Military Odyssey for me.

Dr. S.
      Doc,

Sorry to here you're under the weather, I hope you get better real soon. At least you have your Doom 3 to pass the time........
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Re: Gutted!

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister

Dr. S.
        I had that once before and it was crap! Get the Doctor (Medical one!) I suffered in agony for a week before I called one!

Get better soon anyway.
        http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Re: Re: Gutted!

Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
          I had that once before and it was crap! Get the Doctor (Medical one!) I suffered in agony for a week before I called one!

Get better soon anyway.
          Thanks.

I've been to see the Doc' and I'm on these anti-inflammatory pills, but it's still agony.

Right now though I feel like I've spent an hour inside the tumble dryer.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X