Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farnborough Air Show - Public Weekend, 24th and 25th of July.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farnborough Air Show - Public Weekend, 24th and 25th of July.

The Farnborough Air Show is this year - and already it's getting very loud in the immediate area around the airfield.

Today, I was treated to a free display by the Red Arrows who, like other pilots, are practicing their aerial maneouvres over the town.

Barring unforeseen events, I'll be going, so if anyone happens to be able to make it, I'll be pleased to meet up with them (although I'm not sure which day I'm going yet) however, if you aren't able to go, I intend to provide a report and some pictures for all the readers here.

Here's some information from the Official Site:

The Farnborough Airshow is open to the public on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th July. As well as five large exhibition halls, the static aircraft display and a fantastic flying display lasting over four hours; there are also exciting attractions to entertain you and your family. 2004 marks the centenary of Charles Rolls meeting Henry Royce. Rolls-Royce has teamed with the Farnborough Airshow to present an exclusive celebration of this union. A unique display of Rolls-Royce powered aircraft will dominate the sky, with over 100 years of flying achievements unveiled before you.

For the first time ever, the Farnborough Airshow will launch the International Space Pavilion. Organised by SBAC,space organisations worldwide will join together to demonstrate their latest space capabilities and products. Come and visit to Pavilion for a chance to win a trip to the European Spaceport, Guiana Space Centre or a family entrance ticket to the National Space Centre, Leicester.

And to round off, here are some snapshots I've been able to take over the past few days!

Dr. S.
    Attached Files
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Dr. S.
    Attached Files
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I was quite pleased to get this one - they were flying so low, by the time you'd seen them, they'd gone again!

Dr. S.
      Attached Files

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Bit of a cheat - this is just an enhancement of the previous photo.

Dr. S.
        Attached Files

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X