Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Photo Tour online at ACG - RN Submarine Museum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Photo Tour online at ACG - RN Submarine Museum.

Here is photo-tour number 4 from yours truly (albeit in my real name - shhhh...don't tell anyone).

It's of the Royal Navy Submarine Museum in Gosport, Hampshire.

Royal Navy Submarine Museum

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Hay Dr. S do you have any Pics Of Battle ships?
    "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice" - Sidney Freedman

Comment

Re: New Photo Tour online at ACG - RN Submarine Museum.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
      Here is photo-tour number 4 from yours truly (albeit in my real name - shhhh...don't tell anyone).

It's of the Royal Navy Submarine Museum in Gosport, Hampshire.

Royal Navy Submarine Museum

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Dr. S.
      Nice Dr S. :thumb:
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Doc

Are those part of your secret sub base?? :terms:
        Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

Originally posted by craig_c
          Hay Dr. S do you have any Pics Of Battle ships?
          I wish I did! We don't have any Battleships any more - our last one got broken up 30 or so years ago.

In fact, I think the US is the only nation to still have Battleships serving in their Fleet? I'm open to correction. Either way, you probably have more of a chance of seeing a Battleship than I do!

HOWEVER - I am planning a trip to see HMS Victory and take some pictures for the site - she was the Battleship of her day - and the oldest warship still under commission to boot.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
            Doc

Are those part of your secret sub base?? :terms:
            Oh no, that's completely underwater, set into an undersea cliff with automated defensive torpedo launchers and teams of armed Frogmen to protect it. I'll try and find you a picture...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I wish I did! We don't have any Battleships any more - our last one got broken up 30 or so years ago.

In fact, I think the US is the only nation to still have Battleships serving in their Fleet? I'm open to correction. Either way, you probably have more of a chance of seeing a Battleship than I do!

HOWEVER - I am planning a trip to see HMS Victory and take some pictures for the site - she was the Battleship of her day - and the oldest warship still under commission to boot.

Dr. S.

I beg to differ Doc, just this once. The USS Constitution is the oldest in commision suh

Comment

I beg to differ Doc, just this once. The USS Constitution is the oldest in commision suh
                Nope, I'm afraid not Mr Scott. I must beg to differ with you there.

Here's a link to the Victory website:

HMS Victory

I quote:

HMS VICTORY is the oldest commissioned warship in the world, and is still manned by Officers and Ratings of the Royal Navy. She is now the flagship of the Second Sea Lord and Commander in Chief Naval Home Command and lies in No 2 Dry Dock at Portsmouth Naval Base, Portsmouth. England.

Commissioned - 1778.

USS Constitution was launched in 1797. That's a whole 19 years later. She's the oldest commissioned ship in the US Navy, not the world.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I beg the good doctor forgiveness suh. My mistake and I promise it wont ever happen again. I shall sacrifice some prisoners for you to appease your good will

Comment

I beg the good doctor forgiveness suh. My mistake and I promise it wont ever happen again. I shall sacrifice some prisoners for you to appease your good will
                    That's alright - I'm not averse to the odd mistake myself (like originally putting 21 years instead of 19 in my haste - D'oh!).

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Dr. S,

A most interesting and enriching experience. Thank you.
                      Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Mike USMC
                        Dr. S,

A most interesting and enriching experience. Thank you.
                        You're very welcome.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Nope, I'm afraid not Mr Scott. I must beg to differ with you there.

Here's a link to the Victory website:

HMS Victory

I quote:

HMS VICTORY is the oldest commissioned warship in the world, and is still manned by Officers and Ratings of the Royal Navy. She is now the flagship of the Second Sea Lord and Commander in Chief Naval Home Command and lies in No 2 Dry Dock at Portsmouth Naval Base, Portsmouth. England.

Commissioned - 1778.

USS Constitution was launched in 1797. That's a whole 19 years later. She's the oldest commissioned ship in the US Navy, not the world.

Dr. S.
                          Actually I think 1778 is a rebuild date. Every thing I have ever read about HMS Victory states she was commissioned in 1765. this date sticks in my head from building a model of her 30+ years ago.
                          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                            Actually I think 1778 is a rebuild date. Every thing I have ever read about HMS Victory states she was commissioned in 1765. this date sticks in my head from building a model of her 30+ years ago.
                            Sort of:

Victory was designed by Thomas Slade, the Senior Surveyor of the Navy. Her keel was laid down in Chatham on 23 July 1759 and she was launched on 7 May 1765 but was not commissioned until 1778. This long period of weathering meant that the hull timbers were well seasoned, which is probably the main reason why she has survived so long. Once commissioned she became the most successful first rate ship ever built.

From the official website for the Victory:

HMS Victory

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X