Heading overseas again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading overseas again.

In September I will be going on tour again with the Stephen Ambrose tour Company with a member of the 101st Airborne.
    I will be actually accompanying the Veteran throughout the tour as we head from Toccoa Ga to England, France, Luxembourg, Holland, Belgium,Austria and Germany.
    It is the Band of Brothers tour again but this time I am assisting with the tour and I can't wait. The Veteran (who at this point is still hush hush) and I will be sharing quarters as we drive across Europe and follow the footsteps of Easy Company.
    I will do a quick review when I return, not like the giant story found a few threads just above this one.
    If anyone is interested in learning more about these type of trips let me know.
    I am here to help.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wow, that's great. Last year, I was in Paris and had a 1 day dash to Normandy and saw the Mulberries, the US Cemetery, some German emplacements, part of Omaha Beach. It would've been nice to see more but the wife was along so I had to do the joint thing. Share with us how it went!
    BTW, a small backstory; by the time we got to the US Cemetery, it was 5 PM and they just closed. So we went down to the beachcliff edge and hiked in from the edge and got to see the Cemetery in isolation and quiet. Spooky.
    Then we had to exfil and had to climb a fence by the new buildings and got a bit muddy, a pleasant diversion. It's a very sobering place; I've heard the German one is even larger but haven't seen that, maybe you'll get a chance. I'm glad I took the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
      In September I will be going on tour again with the Stephen Ambrose tour Company with a member of the 101st Airborne.
      Chad
      What a neat deal.
      Good luck.
      I do have a serious request though.
      As you travel around and see all those neat, old, historical things, will you please let us know if you ever feel or sense a presence?
      Sort of like Patton did the the movie.
      Ghosts and spirits... I really want to believe in that sort of stuff.
      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
        What a neat deal.
        Good luck.
        As you travel around and see all those neat, old, historical things, will you please let us know if you ever feel or sense a presence?
        While I certainly do not believe in ghosts and spirits etc, I did on two occasions feel weird about something.
        1) When in Belgium I was walking around the woods in Foy, I had a very strange sense of deja vu. Not sure why!
        2) When on top of the Eagles Nest, as beautiful as the views were it always felt kinda creepy, maybe it is because I know what evil lurked there 60+ years ago. Not sure.

Chad
        "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
          What a neat deal.
          Good luck.
          I've camped in bunkers of the Atlantic Wall and the Maginot Line. Been to the Eagles Nest and the site of the Nuremberg Rallies. Took care of military business in SS barracks, been to Dachau and Flossenberg and the only place I felt history was when I spent the night, alone, in the Ardennes, sleeping in the fox hole of the 106th Inf Div. Being alone helped and some of the debris still being scattered around in the wood add the fog and dark helped the effect. At the one SS Barracks, Hqs of the 2nd ACR, there was a ghost running around but he never bought me a beer.

HP
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
            I will be actually accompanying the Veteran throughout the tour as we head from Toccoa Ga to England, France, Luxembourg, Holland, Belgium,Austria and Germany.
            It is the Band of Brothers tour again but this time I am assisting with the tour and I can't wait. The Veteran (who at this point is still hush hush) and I will be sharing quarters as we drive across Europe and follow the footsteps of Easy Company.
            I will do a quick review when I return, not like the giant story found a few threads just above this one.
            If anyone is interested in learning more about these type of trips let me know.
            I am here to help.

Chad
            No green with envy smilie face this best I can do

FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

tours

Admittedly many of the tours out there like this are kinda expensive, especially given the weak dollar lately.
              Amrose Co offers other tours that are certainly easier on the budget.
              Check out there site. You may have seen there adds in WW2 magazine or ACG in the past.

WWW.stephenambrosetours.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                Klaudia Tanner
                by casanova
                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                Yesterday, 23:56
              • Karri
                Doom Patrol
                by Karri
                Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                Yesterday, 23:55
              • Nikki
                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                by Nikki
                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                Yesterday, 23:03
              Working...
              X