X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USS Alabama Vs Katrina

I was visiting the Museum of the Battleship USS Alabama, which also has a
    WW2 US sub, tanks, and many aircraft.

I started to notice that the planes had holes and dents in them and there was
    some deck repair going on the battleship. Turns out that this place was hit hard by that hurricane Katrina. Alot of damged to buildings and everything else.
    But i must say it looks pretty good now years later.

Here's pics of the USS Alabama

Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Here's the sub

Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Some of the planes

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures

Also is good to see you are exposing your daughter to history early. I assume you already got her an account on this forum
        FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

Looks like Alabama needs a lot of work on the deck planking. Wisconsin does not have near the same amount of patch work. Great pic's Chris and a cute kid.

HP

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that the Alabama's hull is set in a concrete foundation. This foundation and the structure of the ship is supposed to be so strong that some were saying being inside the ship would be one of the safest "storm shelters" in Mobile in the event of a hurricane.

Comment

Thanks for the great pics..I used to live in Mobile Alabama and always enjoyed going to see the USS Alabama and the sub USS Drum...thanks for the memories
              "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
              "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X