Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacation Time...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vacation Time...

    My family and I are leaving on a cross-country road trip this Friday and plan to visit the following (among other things):

    -The USS Laffey in Charleston.

    -Fort Pulaski in Savannah.

    -The Alamo in San Antonio.

    -Chalmette in New Orleans.

    -The Custer Battlefield at the Little Big Horn.

    -The US Air Force Museum in Dayton.

    -The World War II Museum in New Orleans.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    Keep in mind all that is left of the Alamo is the church. Most of it was sold off as real estate over the years. There is a nice Ripley's believe it or not museum across the street. There is a nice Air Force Museum near Pensacola, Florida. The building houses all kinds of ordinance the Air Force has used over the years. Outside they have several aircraft on display, including a B-25.

    Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

    Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

    by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

    Comment


    • #3
      There's also the Strategic Air Command museum in Omaha, Nebraska. They have (almost all under roof, indoors) among many aircraft; B-17, B-25, B-29, B-36, B-47, B-52, B-58, etc.
      https://sacmuseum.org/
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strate...rospace_Museum

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Massena View Post
        My family and I are leaving on a cross-country road trip this Friday and plan to visit the following (among other things):

        -The USS Laffey in Charleston.

        -Fort Pulaski in Savannah.

        -The Alamo in San Antonio.

        -Chalmette in New Orleans.

        -The Custer Battlefield at the Little Big Horn.

        -The US Air Force Museum in Dayton.

        -The World War II Museum in New Orleans.
        Well I can tick two of those

        Alamo
        USAF Museum

        I got to go round the USAF Museum on a day it was closed to the general public. I'm told it can get somewhat crowded.

        The Alamo was visited on a day much too hot for comfort
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          Well I can tick two of those
          So can I: the Alamo, and Ft Pulaski in Savannah. I've been to Dayton, but for the life of me I can't recall the reason: I may have been inebriated. I've also visited New Orleans, but that was for Jazz Fest and young trim. -- much more interesting than any historical site.

          Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          The Alamo was visited on a day much too hot for comfort
          'Most every day in Texas is too hot for comfort. Come to think of it, Massena's entire itinerary consists of nothing but ungodly heat and humidity. Why not spend your vacation in a pizza oven?
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

            So can I: the Alamo, and Ft Pulaski in Savannah. I've been to Dayton, but for the life of me I can't recall the reason: I may have been inebriated.
            I visited Dayton because I was involved in a project for the RAF involving maintenance systems and the USAF had one that might have been a model and we went to visit the one star general who had been in charge. When I arrived. and found that the hotel had cocked up my booking I felt like getting inebriated as well.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

            Comment

            Latest Topics

            Collapse

            Working...
            X