Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much time do you spend searching for world war sites to visit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi is extra and not cheap. The best thing is to just find a place with free wifi at ports. We have Verizon and just set our phones up for international calling and it costs $5-10 a day. Or, just get off the grid for a few days. That's worth it right there.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      WiFi is extra and not cheap. The best thing is to just find a place with free wifi at ports. We have Verizon and just set our phones up for international calling and it costs $5-10 a day. Or, just get off the grid for a few days. That's worth it right there.
      My wife loves the grid, but iurns out her Ipad has it's own phone number, so it will work anywhere, or so I am told.

Lots of useful information-thanks!

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

My wife is considering a cruise. Me, I'm a born-again hermit, but I don't have a seat on the planning committee.

What is your experience of cruises? Any suggestions for a first-timer who doesn't like crowds, tight quarters, or social interaction?
        you can always claim seasick and just stay in the cabin. I went on one cruise. It was out of florida into the carribean. 7 days. Its ok for a one time experience. Remember your on a ship with anywhere from 2000 to 4000 other people. had quit drinking by then so I wound up eating mostly. the food is fairly decent. I gained 10 pounds those 7 days.....

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post

you can always claim seasick and just stay in the cabin. I went on one cruise. It was out of florida into the carribean. 7 days. Its ok for a one time experience. Remember your on a ship with anywhere from 2000 to 4000 other people. had quit drinking by then so I wound up eating mostly. the food is fairly decent. I gained 10 pounds those 7 days.....
          Yeah, I've been told you go on as passengers and come off as cargo.

She's excited about the Alaska cruise, which might be OK.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

go for it. you only live once......

Comment

I used to despise cruising with a passion.
              But we went on a cruise in the Baltic and, I must admit, I'm hooked. Now nine cruises later (Princess) we've booked a Pacific Cruise in April, 2020 taking in -among other places-Hawaii ,Tahiti and New Zealand (North Island).

You should enjoy the Alaska Cruise
              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

I used to despise cruising with a passion.
                But we went on a cruise in the Baltic
                We did the Baltic out of Copenhagen with Norwegian. I thought that I would like St Petersburg and Stockholm the best but actually liked Tallinn and Helsinki more. We took the train to Berlin and I wasn't impressed with it too much until I remembered that the USAAF, RAF and Russian Red Army had something to do with the lack of old architecture.

Comment

^ do they stop at Kaliningrad ? or whatever that city is known as now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X