D-Day Museum needs your help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Day Museum needs your help.

A couple weeks ago I flew down to visit with some of the fine people at the D-Day Museum in New Orleans. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Sam Wegner and Stephen Watson, both of them are Vice Presidents and Chief Operating Officers at the Museum and also Marty Morgan who you may have seen on the History Channel, he resides as the Historian of the Museum.

The Museum is currenty undergoing a giant expansion (as you may have read in some of my previous stories) and while they are always looking for monetary donations they also asked me to get the word out for something a little different.
    They are looking for stories from the Greatest Generation and while every story is important there are a few areas that really need your help. Do you know a Veteran that was on Wake Island or took part in the Invasion of Sicily? These are just a few of the things they are looking for.
    Here is a complete list of campaigns/battles that they need more of.
    Wake Island
    Fall of Guam
    Fall of the Phillipines
    Aleutian Islands
    Kasserine Pass
    Invasion of New Guinea
    Retaking of the Phillipines
    Battle of the Huertgen Forest
    Invasion of Southern France
    Veterans of the 10th Mountain Division
    Bomber Crews and Fighter Pilots from all theaters
    Navy Corpsman
    Army Medics
    Invasion of Sicily
    Submariners
    Siegfried Line

If you know a Veteran and they are interested in telling there story call this number. 1-877-813-3329 ext 313
    The Museum will in some cases come and talk to the Veteran, so please don't hesitate to ask.

Any questions please send me a PM and I will help as best I can.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
    They are looking for stories from the Greatest Generation and while every story is important there are a few areas that really need your help. Do you know a Veteran that was on Wake Island or took part in the Invasion of Sicily? These are just a few of the things they are looking for.
    Here is a complete list of campaigns/battles that they need more of.
    Hey, if you don't mind, I'll post the message on the 504th PIR Forum, we enjoy the company of several veterans from Sicily to Germany. They might be interested.
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X