Museums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Museums

I'm compiling information on museums with Axis WW2 equipment on my site, the Axis History Factbook, and I'd appreciate any help with additions (text or photos) or corrections to the material.

The museums section can be found at http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=56

Thanks.

/Marcus
    [email protected]
    Axis History Factbook & Axis History Forum & Flags & Heraldry Forum

Another nice addition to your list might be the RCAF Museum.

RCAF Road
    CFB Trenton
    Trenton, Ontario

http://www.rcafmuseum.on.ca/
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn
      Another nice addition to your list might be the RCAF Museum.

RCAF Road
      CFB Trenton
      Trenton, Ontario

http://www.rcafmuseum.on.ca/
      Thanks, which Axis equipment does it include?

/Marcus

Comment

The military museum in Sinshiem, Germany has a Tiger 1 that is cut-away so you can view the interior. They also have a wide array of small arms, artillery, and uniforms. They also have a JU-87 that was recovered out of the Mediteranian. Outside they have missiles and naval weapons on display. Great museum!!
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Wendel
          Thanks, which Axis equipment does it include?

/Marcus

None actually.

They mainly have Allied aircraft from WW II on. They have a nice example of a Rumanian Mig-21 and are in the process of rebuilding a Halifax bomber which was raised from a Norwegian fjord. During a World Trainer in 1995, we brought back 3 of the engines in the back of the Herc.
          Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

freightshaker,

Are you referring to the Auto-Technik Museum?

/Marcus

Comment

It is a French one with a still working König Tiger, the Saumur Tank Museum

A marvell to visit

look here by instance

http://www.musee-des-blindes.asso.fr...s/jcollect.htm

Der WanderPanzerSucher
              The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
              JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
              The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Wendel
                freightshaker,

Are you referring to the Auto-Technik Museum?

/Marcus
                Yes, been a long time since I was there but they had some good stuff last time I was there. The Battle of the Bulge museum in Stoumont, BE has some good stuff too including a restored King Tiger in front of the building. Otherwise the usual stuff; uniforms, small arms, etc.
                If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Have you tried this site: http://www.nahverteidigungswaffe.de/index2.htm
                  This fellow has literally travelled the world to check out all of the armour exhibits, great reviews
                  Duchess of Richmond: They're the salt of England.
                  Duke of Wellington: Scum. Nothing but gutter trash and scum. Gin is the spirit of their patriotism.

Waterloo 1970

Comment

I wonder if he's been to this one in Finland?

There is this one in Finland called the "PANSSARIMUSEO" Armor Museum at Parolannummi just north of Hameenlinna off the main highway between Helsinki and Tampere. They have Finnish A.F.V.s and even an "Armored Train" dating back from 1919 upto the 1960s, and maybe even more current ones. They have assorted British, French, Swedish, German, & Soviet vehicles of all kinds, but NOT every type, since some of them they had to 'capture' in the process of 'acquiring' those! I hope that this helps and I'm gleaning this information from the "Military Modeler" magazine, Vol.11 #7 from July 1984 which also happens to feature a 1/32nd Scale 'Diorama' of the Japanese invading Wake Island as constructed by the students of the Gilbert Junior High School of Gilbert, Arizona! There is a feature on "African Weapons" of the hand-held variety within this issue as well and they are very unique in appearance as well as applications I'd believe.

Comment

The Buffalo Soldier National Museum in Houston, Tx. has some Axis rifles in their collection. Some examples, an Italian rifle and a Japanese rifle with the Emperor's symbol still on it.

BigMik1
                      "Cry Havoc!! and let slip the dogs of war!!!"
                      -Mark Anthony in Willam Shakespeare "Julius Caesar" (1599)

Comment

Thanks BigMik1.

/Marcus

Comment

Nice site Marcus. Have you checked out www.feldgrau.com
                          This site has quite a bit of information on the German armed forces in WWII and is still a work in progress.

Comment

Has anyone got any additions or corrections to the list of museums?
                            Thanks.

/Marcus

Comment

I'm still interested in additions to the list at http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=56
                              Thanks.

/Marcus

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X