X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creeping Death
    replied
    back from the dead

With all this T-34 talk I thought it would be agood time to bring this back.

Chad

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    New stuff

Looks as if they added a few elements to the ride.

I need to go again..in some sort of official capacity.

CD

Leave a comment:

• Jon Jordan
    replied
    Wow - the Minnesota tank/MG shoot sounds really fun!

There's a place near Athens, GA where you can rent a bunch of MGs. I've fired their MG-34 (sweet shooter), BAR and Sten. Great fun! I'll definitely look into tankride.com!

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    For the New kids on the block

A great time if you have the money to blow away....literally.

CD

Leave a comment:

• pompey john
    replied
    as a member of the friends of the tank museum in bovington, you get to go in or on a tank after you've helped out on the annual tankfest. great fun. as i mentioned in another post, my brother-in-law is a major in the british army and he pulled a few strings. first we sat in a classroom whilst they spoke to us about modern british tanks. at the end of the film, i heard a deafening roar outside. when we went outside, there was a challenger II sitting there. the instructor asked "who wants to go for a spin?" we all got on this beast and went around the track. when we got back to where we started, another chap asked jokingly if he could drive it. with that, the driver popped out of the tank and told him to sit in the driving seat. he showed him where the controls were and to keep an eye on the guages and told him to do a circuit. when he had finished, the instructor asked "who's next?" i didn't need asking twice. i got in that seat so fast, i got friction burns. the instructor told me where the controls are and then said, "see if you can put you foot down all the way around the track?" i thought, if i'm going to die, i'm going to do it in a chally II. i put my foot down and that was it. i went around the track 5 times in all that day. this was when the chally II was still in the experimental stages so i was really privalidged. not many civvies get to drive an experimental tank around a secret test track do they. i've been in touch with the guys at sdkfz.com who owns that beautiful jagdpanther. i've asked to do some volunteer work with them and they're putting a friends of the foundation so hopefully, not only will i be helping out with german WWII vehicles, i might get to ride on them as well.

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    Again

Reviving an old story since the T-34 was in the news again.

Check out the review. I'm hoping to do this again someday.

Chad

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    Old stuff

Just reviving an old thread..hopefully some of the new recruits will enjoy it.

CD

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    Did anyone go

I know this took place a few weeks back, did anyone from ACG attend?

CD

Leave a comment:

• Chris Berg
    replied
    Less then one week away you one chance to do this cheap I'll only have one Grand Opening.

Chris Berg
    www.tankride.com
    [email protected]
    651-206-8369

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    Sounds good

This sounds like an excellent time, I would love to take part in this. I will not be able to attend but I hope some of my fellow ACG friends can make it out there.
    Take advantage of the lower prices.

CD

Originally posted by Chris Berg
    Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:00 am to Dusk(or we run out of ammo!)
    Your chance to do this on the cheap
    Gate Charge $15.00(includes 25 machine gun rounds)
    Tank Rides $70.00(50%+ Discount)
    Machine Gun Rounds $.35(30% Discount)
    Tannerite Exploding Targets $8.00 What is Tannerite? 1/2 pounds of exploding fun that turns grown men in to giggling school girls.
    Drive a Tank $500.00
    (60% Discount Reservations and pre payment required)
    Door Prizes every hour

For more Information and a video on Tannerite go Here

Leave a comment:

• Chris Berg
    replied
    Tank Ride Grand Opening Machine Gun Shoot

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:00 am to Dusk(or we run out of ammo!)
    Your chance to do this on the cheap
    Gate Charge $15.00(includes 25 machine gun rounds)
    Tank Rides $70.00(50%+ Discount)
    Machine Gun Rounds $.35(30% Discount)
    Tannerite Exploding Targets $8.00 What is Tannerite? 1/2 pounds of exploding fun that turns grown men in to giggling school girls.
    Drive a Tank $500.00
    (60% Discount Reservations and pre payment required)
    Door Prizes every hour

For more Information and a video on Tannerite go Here

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    Nope

I am not part of the tank ride team, just had a great time doing those things. Heck I wasn't even part of the ACG team yet.

CD

Leave a comment:

• Chris Berg
    replied
    Creeping Death, Do I know you?

Hello Creeping Death,

I want to thank you for the wonderful review you have given www.Tankride.com. After reading your posts about www.tankride.com someone may get the impression you work for or know the owner very well. Lets disprove that,

Bob has sold Tank Ride, But never fear the I plan on running it as Bob had and adding some more to it. Drive a Tank being the biggest change right now.

My only employee lives in Minnesota and not Packer Land, nor does he have a wife or child.

Now I was looking at your Profile. Paintball hmmm Every play at Splat Tag?
    If you have we may have met I am there alot.

Now last so this does not sound like a total plug for Tank Ride.
    Yesterday March 25th 2006 A film crew rented out tank ride to film a documentary on German WWII anti tank aircraft that had the war gone on longer may have been used in the war. This film is being shot for National Geographic or the Discover Channel you can find pictures here of that. We got a little carried away firing the 85mm gun as you will see in the pictures. Riding the tank is something but being outside it when the 85mm gun goes off is just out of this world cool.

Chris
    [email protected]
    www.tankride.com

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    Question

Has anyone else been able to get to the Tank Ride yet???

I am hoping to go again this summer.

CD

Leave a comment:

• Creeping Death
    replied
    Update

Just wanted some of the newer members to be able to check this out.

I highley recomend it.

CD

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X