• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another pic

More good pics.....

CD
    Attached Files
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Is that a Vickers or a Lewis in the background of the BAR shot? Get to shoot that? That would be fun
      "Teamwork is essential - it gives the Enemy someone else to shoot at"

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death
        Gentleman start your engines.

I just returned from my trip to Princeton, Minnesota (1.5 hours north of the Mall of America). I have stated within this forum that I was going on a tank ride/MG shoot on June 4th.

Here is my review of the trip.

While it took nearly 6 hours to get their and I had to lug my son and wife all the way up there it was well worth the drive. Not only did we ride(I was the gunner) in an authentic WW2 Soviet T-34, we also sampled some of the finer MGs of the War.

Lets cover the T-34 first. If you are over 6 feet tall or claustrophobic you may not want to be where I sat, but being 5'7" I had no problems squeezing into the gunners position. There are no creature comforts in this baby, this is not Uncle Sams M1A2. I assumed the gunners role while a friend of mine was in command. On our tour we encountered Allied (yes Allied, this tank was captured by the Germans)anti-tank guns firing simulated cannon fire, I was instructed to turn the turret left, only guided by the constant taping on my left shoulder from the commander, when he slapped my head, I found my target and destroyed it with simulated 85MM shells. We also rolled over cars, lawn mowers and other items. It was loud and you could smell diesel fumes and I loved it. Although the ride was short (15 min) it was well worth it to say, I rode in a tank that helped destroy the German Army. Overall grade "B"

Now to the big fun. Who doesn't want to shoot a MG at multiple targets?
        After getting a quick histroy lesson on some of the guns that were lined up for our pleasure, some old MG42, MP40, BAR and others, some new AK47, M16, FN-FAL to name a few. We decided to sample some of the older stuff, since we own the civilian versions of the M16 and AK.
        The first thing I grabbed was the MG42..what a weapon, I cant blame countries for still using this weapon. This was an original German made MG42, what a rush of letting 25 rds go in a matter of seconds. Before I new it my 50 rd belt was gone. Then I grabbed the Bar, this also was sweet. My 20 rd magazine was emptied in no time, making waste to small floating targets in a pond and along the shore. And just for kicks, i sampled an UZI, silenced no less. It was similar to shooting my ruger .22, no kick and really quiet, fun to see the rounds hit the water.

I could go on forever about the fun that can be had at www.Tankride.com, this is not for the faint at heart, its loud, dirty and all testosterone baby.

Overall experience was an A-, minus because the tank ride was shorter than expected. I highly recomend that if you have an extra $200.00 burning a hole in your pocket you get to Princeton,MN and shoot some MGs and ride in a authentic WW2 killing machine.

Pictures to follow
        CD

Brilliant!! I am very envious. :sigh1: :cool1:
        Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
        (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf
          Is that a Vickers or a Lewis in the background of the BAR shot? Get to shoot that? That would be fun
          I think he was still workin' on the BAR.
          To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
          -Werner Pluskat

Comment

yea thx and thats cool thxs agien
            I got your name
            I got your ass
            You will not laugh
            You will not cry

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by lt larsh
              yea thx and thats cool thxs agien
              You said WHAT to your travel agent?
              To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
              -Werner Pluskat

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death
                Gentleman start your engines.

I just returned from my trip to Princeton, Minnesota (1.5 hours north of the Mall of America). I have stated within this forum that I was going on a tank ride/MG shoot on June 4th.

Here is my review of the trip.

While it took nearly 6 hours to get their and I had to lug my son and wife all the way up there it was well worth the drive. Not only did we ride(I was the gunner) in an authentic WW2 Soviet T-34, we also sampled some of the finer MGs of the War.

Lets cover the T-34 first. If you are over 6 feet tall or claustrophobic you may not want to be where I sat, but being 5'7" I had no problems squeezing into the gunners position. There are no creature comforts in this baby, this is not Uncle Sams M1A2. I assumed the gunners role while a friend of mine was in command. On our tour we encountered Allied (yes Allied, this tank was captured by the Germans)anti-tank guns firing simulated cannon fire, I was instructed to turn the turret left, only guided by the constant taping on my left shoulder from the commander, when he slapped my head, I found my target and destroyed it with simulated 85MM shells. We also rolled over cars, lawn mowers and other items. It was loud and you could smell diesel fumes and I loved it. Although the ride was short (15 min) it was well worth it to say, I rode in a tank that helped destroy the German Army. Overall grade "B"

Now to the big fun. Who doesn't want to shoot a MG at multiple targets?
                After getting a quick histroy lesson on some of the guns that were lined up for our pleasure, some old MG42, MP40, BAR and others, some new AK47, M16, FN-FAL to name a few. We decided to sample some of the older stuff, since we own the civilian versions of the M16 and AK.
                The first thing I grabbed was the MG42..what a weapon, I cant blame countries for still using this weapon. This was an original German made MG42, what a rush of letting 25 rds go in a matter of seconds. Before I new it my 50 rd belt was gone. Then I grabbed the Bar, this also was sweet. My 20 rd magazine was emptied in no time, making waste to small floating targets in a pond and along the shore. And just for kicks, i sampled an UZI, silenced no less. It was similar to shooting my ruger .22, no kick and really quiet, fun to see the rounds hit the water.

I could go on forever about the fun that can be had at www.Tankride.com, this is not for the faint at heart, its loud, dirty and all testosterone baby.

Overall experience was an A-, minus because the tank ride was shorter than expected. I highly recomend that if you have an extra $200.00 burning a hole in your pocket you get to Princeton,MN and shoot some MGs and ride in a authentic WW2 killing machine.

Pictures to follow
                CD
                Thanks for the recap. Sounds really cool. I have heard of the place from word of mouth. (I live in Elk River, Minnesota, which is about 15 minutes or so from Princeton) A female friend invited me to go about 6 months or so, could not go at the time, may have to check it out for sure now.

Comment

Neither

Originally posted by Wolf

Actually it is a Russian Maxim. We did not shoot that. Next time we go up we are going to. Also our esteemed host said that it is his 2nd favorite MG to shoot, he loves the BAR.

CD
                  "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

A few more pics

A couple more shots of the Tank Ride...Anyone else get there yet?

CD
                    Attached Files

Comment

Update

Just wanted some of the newer members to be able to check this out.

I highley recomend it.

CD

Comment

Question

Has anyone else been able to get to the Tank Ride yet???

I am hoping to go again this summer.

CD

Comment

Creeping Death, Do I know you?

Hello Creeping Death,

I want to thank you for the wonderful review you have given www.Tankride.com. After reading your posts about www.tankride.com someone may get the impression you work for or know the owner very well. Lets disprove that,

Bob has sold Tank Ride, But never fear the I plan on running it as Bob had and adding some more to it. Drive a Tank being the biggest change right now.

My only employee lives in Minnesota and not Packer Land, nor does he have a wife or child.

Now I was looking at your Profile. Paintball hmmm Every play at Splat Tag?
                          If you have we may have met I am there alot.

Now last so this does not sound like a total plug for Tank Ride.
                          Yesterday March 25th 2006 A film crew rented out tank ride to film a documentary on German WWII anti tank aircraft that had the war gone on longer may have been used in the war. This film is being shot for National Geographic or the Discover Channel you can find pictures here of that. We got a little carried away firing the 85mm gun as you will see in the pictures. Riding the tank is something but being outside it when the 85mm gun goes off is just out of this world cool.

Chris
                          [email protected]
                          www.tankride.com

Comment

Nope

I am not part of the tank ride team, just had a great time doing those things. Heck I wasn't even part of the ACG team yet.

CD

Comment

Tank Ride Grand Opening Machine Gun Shoot

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:00 am to Dusk(or we run out of ammo!)
                              Your chance to do this on the cheap
                              Gate Charge $15.00(includes 25 machine gun rounds)
                              Tank Rides $70.00(50%+ Discount)
                              Machine Gun Rounds $.35(30% Discount)
                              Tannerite Exploding Targets $8.00 What is Tannerite? 1/2 pounds of exploding fun that turns grown men in to giggling school girls.
                              Drive a Tank $500.00
                              (60% Discount Reservations and pre payment required)
                              Door Prizes every hour

For more Information and a video on Tannerite go Here

Comment

Sounds good

This sounds like an excellent time, I would love to take part in this. I will not be able to attend but I hope some of my fellow ACG friends can make it out there.
                                Take advantage of the lower prices.

CD

Originally posted by Chris Berg
                                Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:00 am to Dusk(or we run out of ammo!)
                                Your chance to do this on the cheap
                                Gate Charge $15.00(includes 25 machine gun rounds)
                                Tank Rides $70.00(50%+ Discount)
                                Machine Gun Rounds $.35(30% Discount)
                                Tannerite Exploding Targets $8.00 What is Tannerite? 1/2 pounds of exploding fun that turns grown men in to giggling school girls.
                                Drive a Tank $500.00
                                (60% Discount Reservations and pre payment required)
                                Door Prizes every hour

For more Information and a video on Tannerite go Here

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X