No announcement yet.

USS Midway Museum - San Diego CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing i can see ify is the Playboy mag? PS?

Sure like the other pics tho!
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
      The only thing i can see ify is the Playboy mag? PS?

Sure like the other pics tho!
      The Playboy is the bit of fakery...It was dubbed over a flight manual.

On another note...My wife's cousin, who I thought took all of the first three pictures, told me that shots of the fireworks and the statue aren't even his pictures...He got them off the internet!

Oh well...Once my wife cuts me a CD of her photos, I'll post 'em. When Cousin Pete sends me the rest of his...I'll vet them before I post 'em...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by traygreen View Post
        Fair enough. Had a buddy who did almost all of his time in WESPAC working on the F14's radar back in the early 80's. To hear his stories he loved it.

(Jack Kidwell RIP - thinking of you today)

Westpac I liked. Being tied to Japan I didn't. We were not allowed to go further south then PI unless there was another carrier available to "protect" Japan. Needless to say the carriers that were deploying got most of the good liberty ports.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

ok here are Pics of the Midway that I remember. These are from December 1983.......When The Midway was still part of the 7th Fleet In the Pics she is under repair at SRF Yokosuka....
          Attached Files
          Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
          In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
          Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Excellent pics Doctor, thanks a bunch. The more the merrier.
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I am supposed to go to San Diego next summer...to visit BB and top on my list is seeing the ole Midway.....I had many buddies on the Midway and visited her many times....when she was active. I got a few more pics of her around here but it will take time to locate them.
              Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
              In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
              Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X