USS Midway Museum - San Diego CA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USS Midway Museum - San Diego CA

We spent the week of the Fourth of July in San Diego. Here are a few pictures...

USS Midway and fireworks...

Mr. and Mrs. "The Doctor" on a harbor cruise...

A statue of the famous VJ Day kiss...

The USS Midway Museum is worth a trip to San Diego all by itself...I'll be posting many more photos of the museum and surrounding area as soon as I can!
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Look forward to the pics.
    Boston Strong!

Comment

Nice

Some good shots Doc, keep them coming.
      Chad
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Very nice. It looks like it's on the downtown side of the bay, not Coranodo Island. Is that correct?
        Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Battlefield Tours for Wargamers
        Normandy 2007
        ACW Border Wars 2008
        Bulge 2008

Comment

Originally posted by traygreen View Post
          Very nice. It looks like it's on the downtown side of the bay, not Coranodo Island. Is that correct?
          Correct...Midway is right off downtown...Across the bay from NAS North Island. Another cool thing - USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76 was moored on the Coronado side across the bay from the Midway.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Damn I had hoped that that piece of junk had been chopped up and turned into razor blades and Toyota's. Oh well I guess I don't get everything I hope for.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by tsar View Post
              Damn I had hoped that that piece of junk had been chopped up and turned into razor blades and Toyota's. Oh well I guess I don't get everything I hope for.
              Willing to share the angst behind that statement?
              Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Normandy 2007
              ACW Border Wars 2008
              Bulge 2008

Comment

A buddy of mine was on the USS Midway, and went to her decommissioning ceremony. He had some AWESOME pics of the ceremony and the ship.

The only pics I have of the old Midway are when she was still an active member of the 7th Fleet!

Good pics Doc! The USS Midway, A fine Warhorse who had a brilliant career and now is in a fine retirement!
                Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion that the fireworks photo was morphed in Photo-Shop...My wife's cousin took those three pictures and he is a master at Photo-Shop...

My brother in Pri-Fly

Can anyone spot the faked part of the photo???

Comment

I know

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    I have a sneaking suspicion that the fireworks photo was morphed in Photo-Shop...My wife's cousin took those three pictures and he is a master at Photo-Shop...

My brother in Pri-Fly

Can anyone spot the faked part of the photo???

Is it the choppers in the background?
                    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I got it! It's the HAt! It isnt real!
                      Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                      In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                      Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Dang you were out here in the area and didn't tell me?
                        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
                          Dang you were out here in the area and didn't tell me?
                          I knew I forgot something!

Comment

Originally posted by traygreen View Post
                            Willing to share the angst behind that statement?
                            2 years stuck in Japan, working in what would have been the nuclear weapons spaces IF the U.S. had nuclear weapons in Japan. We were not loved. Being forced to go to sea after no more then 29 days in port because "The U.S. can't protect Japan if it's fleet is in port". This while the Japanese navies idea of sea duty is to pull into the middle of Tokyo bay and anchor for 2 days before going back to the dock. Wouldn't want those officers to not be able to get home at night would we.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by tsar View Post
                              2 years stuck in Japan, working in what would have been the nuclear weapons spaces IF the U.S. had nuclear weapons in Japan. We were not loved. Being forced to go to sea after no more then 29 days in port because "The U.S. can't protect Japan if it's fleet is in port". This while the Japanese navies idea of sea duty is to pull into the middle of Tokyo bay and anchor for 2 days before going back to the dock. Wouldn't want those officers to not be able to get home at night would we.
                              Fair enough. Had a buddy who did almost all of his time in WESPAC working on the F14's radar back in the early 80's. To hear his stories he loved it.

(Jack Kidwell RIP - thinking of you today)
                              Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Normandy 2007
                              ACW Border Wars 2008
                              Bulge 2008

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X