Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auschwitz-Birkenau. The Nazi German Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auschwitz-Birkenau. The Nazi German Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945).

http://www.auschwitz-muzeum.oswiecim.pl/
    - official site

During its 31st session, in New Zealand on June 27, the UNESCO World Heritage Committee approved a change in the entry for the remains of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
    The previous name, “Auschwitz Concentration Camp,” has been changed to “'Auschwitz-Birkenau. The Nazi German Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945).”
    The new name, proposed jointly by Poland and Israel, was approved unanimously.
    The Polish government’s proposal for the change in the name of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp, announced by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, was a reaction to the increasingly frequent appearance in foreign media of falsehoods suggesting or even referring to the former Nazi camps as “Polish extermination camps.”
    The new name approved by UNESCO on Wednesday “is intended to convey the historical truth about the real nature of the camp, and precisely associates this place with the Nazi regime in Germany.”
    - Your Highness, the enemy is so numerous... they outnumber your army.
    - My friend, first I beat 'em then I'll count 'em
    (Polish King Jan III Sobieski during his campaigns)

Historia Wojskowa Portal Historyczno-Wojskowy phw.org.pl

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X