Superb Military Prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb Military Prints

For many months I debated about whether or not to purchase an autographed print. It is a print called "Silencing the Guns" by James Dietz and it features autographs of Bill Guarnere, Don Malarkey, Buck Compton, the artist James Dietz and Dick Winters. Everyone in my family new how much I wanted to get this print and as a gift everyone chipped in and helped me purchase a print that goes hand in hand with my tour with the Band of Brothers. It was an early 5th anniversary present partly from my wife, she knew how bad I wanted this print and how many extra hours I have been working to pay for the Band of Brothers tour.
    When my wife told me that arrangements had been made and that I could contact the guys at Valor Studios I almost started to cry. At first I did not believe her, mainly because of the cost of the print and the framing involved.

I immediately sent an email to the guys at Valor Studios and after a couple days of playing email tag I got in contact with Bryan. I was able to secure one of the last remaining prints. When it arrived I had it custom framed by a shop here in the area and after two weeks it finally was complete.

Here are some pictures I took, I have it hanging in the computer room where I play all the games and I hope to get it moved downstairs into the war room area as soon as that is finished. This is buy far one of my most prized possessions and I can't explain in words how nice everything turned out.

The guys at Valor Studios were excellent, Bryan told me that this same print is actually hanging in one of the museums in Normandy.
    If you are looking for excellent military prints please check out the selection at Valor Studios.
    www.valorstudios.com

Chad

If anyone else has any prints please share them!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 04 Apr 07, 20:59.
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nice print CD and a great thing to keep hold of. I will certainly check out the site, thank you!
    Wolster

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
      Nice print CD and a great thing to keep hold of. I will certainly check out the site, thank you!
      My picture taking skills are far from good, you can see my reflection in some and a glare from the window, light or flash in others.

Chad
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Nice, wish I could get a few on my walls!
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Artist: Peter Archer 1982

Cpl Thomas Waters, a wireless operator, landed with 5th Parachute Brigade Signal Section, 6th Airborne Div. as part of the force sent to capture Caen Canal Bridge. (20 x 15inch)
          I have no wall for it at the moment, but I plan to hang it up at work
          "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Cool print. I checked and it does not look like you will be stopping at the Dead Man's Corner museum
            http://www.paratrooper-museum.org/about_dmc.html
            on your tour. They have one of Dick Winters uniforms there.

Was just in Normandy last year and stopped at many/most of the museums (missed the 1st ID and the Ranger museums & did not make Cherbourg). Will have to look for your print when we are back there this Fall.
            Last edited by traygreen; 05 Apr 07, 12:31. Reason: typo
            Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Battlefield Tours for Wargamers
            Normandy 2007
            ACW Border Wars 2008
            Bulge 2008

Comment

Originally posted by traygreen View Post
              Cool print. I checked and it does not look like you will be stopping at the Dead Man's Corner museum
              http://www.paratrooper-museum.org/about_dmc.html
              on your tour. The have one of Dick Winters uniforms there.

Was just in Normandy last year and stopped at many/most of the museums (missed the 1st ID and the Ranger museums & did not make Cherbourg). Will have to look for your print when we are back there this Fall.
              Actually we do get there on the 6th day of the tour.

CD

Comment

Cool - well worth the stop. The prinicples involved with the museum have a decent photo book out...
                http://www.d-day-publishing.be/cities1.html
                I picked a copy up off the used books at Amazon - great book to leaf through. Not much new in terms of narative, but excellent collection of photos.
                Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Normandy 2007
                ACW Border Wars 2008
                Bulge 2008

Comment

Perfect

the more and more I look at this print the more I am amazed at how great it is. The superb color and detail of this pic are amazing.
                  My camera does not do it justice. I cant wait to compare the pic to the actual landscape in France.

Chad

Comment

Chad,

Here's the first "teaser" map we're posting for our tour this Oct... Wish I was going this Spring too.

Last edited by traygreen; 16 Apr 07, 10:43.
                    Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Normandy 2007
                    ACW Border Wars 2008
                    Bulge 2008

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                      the more and more I look at this print the more I am amazed at how great it is. The superb color and detail of this pic are amazing.
                      My camera does not do it justice. I cant wait to compare the pic to the actual landscape in France.

Chad
                      I know the detail that went into making it right. The FAAA reenactment group here in the UK modelled for the artist to get the people/kit/look, right and then he obviously added the relevant Easy guys faces onto the relevant body.

I cant remember who my mate said he ended up being? I will have to find out and let you know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X