Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-Day Museum needs your support more than ever.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Day Museum needs your support more than ever.

As many of you know the National D-Day Museum has been going through renovations to make this great Museum bigger and better able to support all theaters of operations from World War Two. Although it is called the D-Day Museum it covers all fronts of the war including the home front as well.
    Recently the museum had a set back due to Hurricane Katrina, the museum took the punishment and is still standing.
    Now more than ever they need our help to get this project rolling again. Upon completion, the 282 million dollar expansion will fulfill the museums mission and Congessional mandate as the countrys National World War Two Museum.

Please visit www.ddaymuseum.org and help out any way you can. Visit the store and you will find many nice items including shirts, hats, posters, collectibles and many other great items.

Please feel free to PM me any questions you may have, I have been a charter member for over two years and will assist in any way I can.

Thanks for your help.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

I might recommend looking at the posters available for purchase in their online store. Great WW2 era posters available at really good prices.
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

Or you can buy a "Cricket" by the original manufacturer! Cool!

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

What's a cricket Doc?
        Slug
        "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug
          What's a cricket Doc?
          Slug
          It's a little clicker noise-maker that the airborne guys carried on their drop as a friend-or-foe identifier. Check out The Longest Day -- it's a great movie anyway.

PS - Nice girl.
          Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
          http://www.mormon.org
          http://www.sca.org
          http://www.scv.org/
          http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death
            As many of you know the National D-Day Museum has been going through renovations to make this great Museum bigger and better able to support all theaters of operations from World War Two. Although it is called the D-Day Museum it covers all fronts of the war including the home front as well.
            Recently the museum had a set back due to Hurricane Katrina, the museum took the punishment and is still standing.
            Now more than ever they need our help to get this project rolling again. Upon completion, the 282 million dollar expansion will fulfill the museums mission and Congessional mandate as the countrys National World War Two Museum.

Please visit www.ddaymuseum.org and help out any way you can. Visit the store and you will find many nice items including shirts, hats, posters, collectibles and many other great items.

Please feel free to PM me any questions you may have, I have been a charter member for over two years and will assist in any way I can.

Thanks for your help.

Chad
            I wanna go there sooooo bad... But I think New Orleans is either Off-limits to us because A. Katrina or B. Mardi Gras.... I'd take some leave in a heartbeat to go there.....

But I'll donate some $$$ to help them out... Better I see a complete, undamaged museum...
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

The D-Day Museum looks great, it's sad to see it hit tough times. I'll gladly support it though. It's well worth the money to have such a place both for history buffs, and to educate the public as well. Plus, it may help bring some more people back to New Orleans for travel/leisure.
              "Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas." -Erwin Rommel.

Comment

I'm a Charter Member and highly encourage all to make a donation a yearly deal. What better way to honor our fathers, family, or acquaintences who served.
                http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                  What's a cricket Doc?
                  Slug
                  If that photo was a cricket put me on the list I'll have one! ( It's only your body that gets old Yer know!!)
                  'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                  " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

I visited the American Cemetery at Anzio_Nettuno in Italy last year. Very beautiful. Almost 8000 Americans are buried there. Several 504th PIR are there. Some of the names mentioned in Ross Carter's book..{Those Devils In Baggy Pants}are also buried there. Earl...A World War II Veteran.

Comment

re the cricket
                      i remember the scene well, american paratrooper using his cricket in the dense woods to get attention from his mates, a german soldier hears the noise puts a round in his kar98
                      it sounds like the cricket sound? ''click click'' the paratrooper stands up and the german shoots him

Comment

Yes please do whatever you can to support the musuem. Na good friend of mine is working there and he has my dream job. Goes all around the US and even to Europe taking oral histories of those heroes who remain.
                        Legate Postumius Valerius Oceanus, Legio VI Italia

Napoleonic Wars
                        PENINSULAR CAMPAIGN

Comment

I went there about a year before Katrina hit. I'm sorry to say I wasn't impressed with it at all. I've seen private museums in farmers barns in Normandy that impressed me more. Then, perhaps I should preface that by saying that I view anything remotely associated with Stephen Ambrose with a good deal of suspicion.

That said, i wish the museum luck and hope it survives, and improves. I'm just glad to enjoy the French Quarters of NO even more.
                          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X