Rosie the Riveter Museum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    Interestingly in the UK we had Rosies and Annies the Armourer's etc etc as early as WW1 but no museums in part due to the unions who didn't want to admit to what women could do.

ROHO, a research arm of UC Berkeley's Bancroft Library are looking for Rosie the Riveter war stories to record them. If you know any Rosies or Annies who want to share their stories, have them contact ROHO at UC Berkeley. The article below is from last year but I believe they are still working on this project. It's been on-going since 2002.

RICHMOND — UC Berkeley’s Regional Oral History Office (ROHO) is looking for a few (more) good women, those who may have wielded a riveting gun or a blowtorch back in the day.

Nearly 200 “Rosies” have already shared their sagas with ROHO, which posts them online in print and video excerpts. Now, ROHO is scouting for additional personal adventures to wrap up its Rosie collection.

ROHO began conducting interviews with Rosies in 2002, relying on funding by the National Park Service, with support from individual donors. The interview team generally records video interviews in individuals’ homes and may arrange for in-depth interviews with some of this year’s reunion attendees.

http://news.berkeley.edu/2015/06/12/...r-war-stories/
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      ROHO, a research arm of UC Berkeley's Bancroft Library are looking for Rosie the Riveter war stories to record them. If you know any Rosies or Annies who want to share their stories, have them contact ROHO at UC Berkeley. The article below is from last year but I believe they are still working on this project. It's been on-going since 2002.
      I'm afraid those I knew worked in WW1 ( see contents of my post) and are no longer with us. My original point was that this was not a WW2 phenomena and not confined to the USA
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        I'm afraid those I knew worked in WW1 ( see contents of my post) and are no longer with us. My original point was that this was not a WW2 phenomena and not confined to the USA
        Of course I read your post. I shamelessly used your post to get the word out there about ROHO looking for Rosies to document their stories. There aren't many of them left from WWII.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X