X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last_cav1971
    replied
    Originally posted by cdomalik
    I visited Gettysburg several weeks ago and found a fun way to view the battlefield -- via a two hour horseback tour. I decided on this approach since I was in the area on a weekend "getawy" with the wife and without the kids. I knew this tour would have a "fun" factor for her and it would give me a unique view/perspective of the main battlefield. The tour guide was one of the licensed battlefield tour guides unique to Gettysburg and you heard him through a nice wireless set up where you wore a receiver and headphones.

There were about 20 of us on the tour (including the guide and the wranglers) and the tour was very pleasant and gave a very general overview of the battle. The thing I found interesting was once on the battlefield and on horseback -- you got a soldier's eye view of the battlefield and I felt a greater degree of immersion. Although the tour itself didn't go into great detail -- the guide was very knowledgable and answered any and all specific questions anyone had.

Go try it out if you are in the area.
    Sounds interesting........anniversary coming up in Nov.....no leaves to block line of vision.........perfect.

Mark
    Deo Vindice

Leave a comment:

• cdomalik
    started a topic Fun Way to See Gettysburg

Fun Way to See Gettysburg

I visited Gettysburg several weeks ago and found a fun way to view the battlefield -- via a two hour horseback tour. I decided on this approach since I was in the area on a weekend "getawy" with the wife and without the kids. I knew this tour would have a "fun" factor for her and it would give me a unique view/perspective of the main battlefield. The tour guide was one of the licensed battlefield tour guides unique to Gettysburg and you heard him through a nice wireless set up where you wore a receiver and headphones.

There were about 20 of us on the tour (including the guide and the wranglers) and the tour was very pleasant and gave a very general overview of the battle. The thing I found interesting was once on the battlefield and on horseback -- you got a soldier's eye view of the battlefield and I felt a greater degree of immersion. Although the tour itself didn't go into great detail -- the guide was very knowledgable and answered any and all specific questions anyone had.

Go try it out if you are in the area.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X