A most efficient, less expensive and easily produced strategic bomber for WW II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doveton Sturdee View Post
    Could it be that it was the most successful night fighter for a couple of months, because they wasted the few Radars available and crews on them, instead of using them to great advantage on Beaus?

Sorry, but unlike you I don't play fast and loose with the facts, and I don't invent them to suit a foolish claim.

In this case, I would refer you to 'The Narrow Margin' by Wood & Dempster, which states, quite unambiguously, that in the period 1940-1941 the Defiant achieved more successes per interception than any other British night fighter. Sorry if this upsets you, but happily facts are facts.

Incidentally, what evidence do you have that the RAF starved Beaufighters of radar in order to equip Defiants?

None, of course.
    Have You any numbers? Missions flown by Defiants and Beaus, kills, etc,

What dose the period 1940-41 mean? does it include all fo 1941?

Comment

• Originally posted by Draco View Post

Do you? You brought all this up. Time for you to put up or shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draco View Post

Sorry, but as you are the one making the (unsubstantiated) claims, i.e, :-

Could it be that it was the most successful night fighter for a couple of months, because they wasted the few Radars available and crews on them, instead of using them to great advantage on Beaus?

Isn't the onus rather upon you to challenge Wood & Dempster, and prove them wrong?

Otherwise, as Mr. Gardner so elegantly puts it :-

put up or shut up.

As previous experience suggests that the former won't happen, perhaps you might try the latter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X