Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

The Allies don't declare war on Germany, siply act in 1939

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The posts mention a possible Hungarian crew manning a 40mm. What does that have to do with Hungary selling the few guns it had to defend itself from superior Romanian, German or Soviet air forces to Germany in Sept 1939?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      The posts mention a possible Hungarian crew manning a 40mm. What does that have to do with Hungary selling the few guns it had to defend itself from superior Romanian, German or Soviet air forces to Germany in Sept 1939?
      Again, you stated the Germans could not acquire 4cm Bofors guns. I have now repeatedly demonstrated that they could even if they couldn't purchase them from Sweden.

1. Krupp owns a big chunk of Bofors so licensing is not a problem
      2. The Germans have some in inventory pre-war as the 4cm Flak 28
      3. The Hungarians produce them and Germany bought some form Hungary.
      4. The Germans are capable of producing the gun themselves. They have access to actual guns, they have access to the plans, they have the capacity to set up a production line if they wish.

Your claim was they couldn't get this weapon because of a Allied blockade that you can't even adequately explain how it would be accomplished.

You proposal here is rubbish. Completely and totally false.

Comment

The whole war is basically decided in weeks. Hitler knows that he cannot survive a protracted campaign on several fronts with his weak industry and w/o imports

Again, Germany has no time to start producing anything in Sept 1939, under attack from Denmark, Poland and France, it can barely produce a limited number of urgently needed planes and tanks.

Again Hungary produced a ridiculous number over a long period and has no reason at all to sell Bofors guns to Germany in Sept 1939 (regardless of what it did OTL over long years of war, while it depended on Germany for survival and many products).

My claim is that the allies are getting the whole production from Sweden, which makes a huge difference in Poland (which OTL received practically no materiel or reinforcements during the war) and Denmark and Germany is not getting Swedish Bofors, iron and copper ores, etc, or Soviet products. SO German industry and hence the German forces do not stand a chance in hell or prolonging the war.

OTL France received 100 good Curtiss H-75 in April 1939, which were not really used well until France was attacked a year later (when the LW was stronger) and shot down a lot of German planes.
        In this thread the H-75s are used intensely in Sept 1939, making a huge difference.
        Also the Caudrons which were used well by the Poles in 1940 in France are used in Sept 1939 against a much weaker LW spread over several fronts.
        It doesn't take a genus to see that a weak LW and WM attaking only Poland will have a field day, while the same LW and WM spread over Poland, Denmark and France and facing a well supplied Poland, plus British, French and Finnish troops, planes and armor with ridiculous industrial production and no imports is doomed.

OTL Stalin rendered the blocade moot by supplying Germany Japanese Soy, British rubber, Soviet oil, grain, manganese and chromium ore, etc, In this scenario Germany is really blockaded from all sides, which makes fighting impossible.
        Last edited by Draco; 25 Jun 15, 13:47.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X