Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the HELL is wrong with the Sy Fy Channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last post was in 2011, and it only got worse. In one of Clancy's books a character talks about the "intelligent" networks History, A&E, and some others. I once chartered History for a week...one history show and it was 3:00am. I guess the programmers' are too dumb and only put on shows that match their idea of what they think the average IQ is..theirs at about 80

Comment

The biggest thing wrong with Cable in general is the editing of program to fit the time allotted for it and 20+ minutes of commercial. Isn't this why people signed up for cable in the first place was to get away from all the commercials on over the air TV? That and the constant repeating of the same program over several channels for weeks on end, as well as the deterioration of the programs themselves, is why I cut the cord.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

What is "wrong" with the sci-fi channel? It has to make money to survive, and that means whatever programming people will actually watch. It's not subsidized like the sales channels or the Hispanic language channels or the religious channels that get bundled into your payment.

Ratings and sponsors have to stay at a certain level or it gets cancelled.

On that note, I just sent off a message to my provider that henceforth all Hispanic language channels had to offer an English soundtrack, just as English programs provide a Spanish language soundtrack. I "suggested" to them that they also consider making those channels available by subscription rather than forced onto people as part of their "package", since such actions might be considered unfair trade practices.

I also reminded them that my contract required a specific number of channels of the types specified in my subscription, and therefore any channel cancellation or replacement had to be matched by adding another channel to my package to maintain the number I specifically signed up for, and that replacing them with sales or Hispanic channels was not an acceptable practice.

I'm awaiting their response with great interest.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X