Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WI: Stalin attacks Poland first (Possible Cold War for WWII?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WI: Stalin attacks Poland first (Possible Cold War for WWII?)

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I got this idea from a fiction book that I read but some stuff I'm leaving out. We all know how WWII began when Germany attacked Noland on Sept 1, 1939 but lets say Stalin gives the order and it's the reverse but with a twist, instead of attacking too Germany comes to Poland's defense. So the discussion is, how would this affect the rest of the war, possible alliances, could they defeat the USSR, what about the other major countries that participated in WWII, and would it prolong that new technology is introduced?

Since I do not usually post in the Alternate and just read, if I missed anything please forgive me
    Last edited by No_Nickname; 20 Feb 11, 17:07.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

I think Poland would come to Poland's defense. Unlike the Germans the Russians in 1939 have a pretty inept army. I think the Poles would bloody their noses pretty good and then the Poles would have forced France (in particular) and Britain to live up to treaty obligations and declare war on Russia. At a minimum Poland would demand war materials because of the treaties.

If Germany stayed out of it and the fighting grew in scope and intensity it is likely that both Britain and France would be drawn in to fulfill their treaty obligations. If so you might get a new "Crimean" war.

Comment

Are we assuming that Germany is not planing to attack Poland? And if not then what are they planning on?
      A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Well since they attacked the Soviet Union in 1941 after they signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, so it would be fair to say that it probably would happen later, but wouldn't it depend on if the Britain and France made do on there promise with Poland?
        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X