SEALION Late 1940?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Jesus, I tried stretching the English with the willing conspiracy of all the Axis powers in wiff...

Nah, aint happening...

I Killed the bef for daring to get in front of the german army with the thought of killing them first...

Encircled them first so no escape...

We had a 60% chance to get the first invasion though...

Followed by air resupply...

The decision was to go after Russia with the amphibious and airborne capability...

Btw it worked...

Russia went down with its artillery div's being dropped on the surprise impulse...

Ran them back to the Urals I did...

Then they didn't have the production to do a real fight...
    Funny thing, these PC games. From time to time I relax by indulging myself in Silent Hunter (putting on Edit Piaf's "J'attendrai" on the onboard gramophone on long transport stretches). Also, it has a quite good mission editor which works as well for surface vessels as U-boats. Anti-ship aircrafts, too. What it lacks is torpedo-launching ships (except the U-boats......) and aircrafts. Creating surface action missions I've had vague suspicion that something was wrong. Then I used some time learning to get into the inner innings of the game software. What did I find? Parameters for some Axis weaponry was downgraded compared to similar Allied. For example, muzzle velocity on the German naval 10,5 cm. gun had a much lower muzzle velocity and rate-of-fire than the almost similar 4 in. RN gun. This resulted in a much shorter range and less firepower. Was I surprised?

I discussed this with a couple of young game freaks. They were not surprised and fully aware of the fact that some game suppliers do this deliberately on new games, particularly regarding armor. It seems it is not popular that the Axis side wins! Can you believe that.......

Fred
    Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
    River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

• Originally posted by leandros View Post
      Funny thing, these PC games. From time to time I relax by indulging myself in Silent Hunter (putting on Edit Piaf's "J'attendrai" on the onboard gramophone on long transport stretches). Also, it has a quite good mission editor which works as well for surface vessels as U-boats. Anti-ship aircrafts, too. What it lacks is torpedo-launching ships (except the U-boats......) and aircrafts. Creating surface action missions I've had vague suspicion that something was wrong. Then I used some time learning to get into the inner innings of the game software. What did I find? Parameters for some Axis weaponry was downgraded compared to similar Allied. For example, muzzle velocity on the German naval 10,5 cm. gun had a much lower muzzle velocity and rate-of-fire than the almost similar 4 in. RN gun. This resulted in a much shorter range and less firepower. Was I surprised?

I discussed this with a couple of young game freaks. They were not surprised and fully aware of the fact that some game suppliers do this deliberately on new games, particularly regarding armor. It seems it is not popular that the Axis side wins! Can you believe that.......

Fred
      The muzzle velocity of the German 10.5 cm. naval gun was 2600 ft/sec, and the maximum range 13340 yards.

The muzzle velocity of the British 4 inch QF (as fitted to the early V & W Class destroyers ) was 2660 ft/sec, and the maximum range 16300 yards.

However, you should not confuse (as you appear to do) muzzle velocity with accuracy; nor should you confuse range with effective range.

Obviously, games designers build in an anti-German bias; it is all part of the vast world-wide conspiracy whose sole intent is to deny that you alone of everyone who has studied Sealion knows the truth. Imagine, every historian since 1945 has already been plotting against you and now even the games designers have been brought into it!

Forget JFK, this one is far bigger!

Finally :

Paranoia (n) mental disorder with delusions of persecution and self-importance.
      Last edited by Doveton Sturdee; 18 Feb 12, 01:04.

Comment

. It seems it is not popular that the Axis side wins! Can you believe that....
        I suspect it'd be popular with you, Fred ... I can see you developing blisters from clicking "New Game" until you got the result you wanted! ;-)

Comment

• "Funny thing, these PC games."

Um, World in Flames is a grand strategic board game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_in_Flames
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

"Funny thing, these PC games."

Um, World in Flames is a grand strategic board game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_in_Flames
            Ah, World in Flames. Memories of good times past.
            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by BF69 View Post
              Ah, World in Flames. Memories of good times past.
              I can come up with a west coast team...

Can you pony up three players on your side???
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I can come up with a west coast team...

Can you pony up three players on your side???
                When I said 'past' I meant 20+ years. I can't even remember what the board looks like.
                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Doveton Sturdee View Post
                  The muzzle velocity of the German 10.5 cm. naval gun was 2600 ft/sec, and the maximum range 13340 yards.

The muzzle velocity of the British 4 inch QF (as fitted to the early V & W Class destroyers ) was 2660 ft/sec, and the maximum range 16300 yards.

However, you should not confuse (as you appear to do) muzzle velocity with accuracy; nor should you confuse range with effective range..
                  A typical DS reply to this would be: Interesting subject except for the fact that some parameters are wrong (even if they were not - then he would say no more......). BTW, there is something wrong with DS's parameters.

Originally posted by Doveton Sturdee View Post
                  Imagine, every historian since 1945 has already been plotting against you and now even the games designers have been brought into it!.
                  Not really against me...I believe.....?
                  Originally posted by Doveton Sturdee View Post
                  Paranoia (n) mental disorder with delusions of persecution and self-importance.
                  I never called you paranoid, did I......?
                  Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
                  River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

A typical DS reply to this would be: Interesting subject except for the fact that some parameters are wrong (even if they were not - then he would say no more......). BTW, there is something wrong with DS's parameters.

Not really against me...I believe.....?

I never called you paranoid, did I......?
                    For once, I am at a loss for words. Mr. Leander invents a reply he believes I would have made to my own question, then states that there is something wrong with my parameters in the reply which I never made in the first place.

As to saying no more if proved wrong!!!

A remark like this!!!

Coming from Leandros???

Perhaps he does have a rudimentary sense of humour after all. What does anyone else think??

Any chance of getting back to the subject, by the way, or are we going to continue discussing the way Games Designers are persecuting the Kreigsmarine and their devotees indefinitely?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X