Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Lord Halifax (not Churchill) had become P.M.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
    Japan signed an alliance with Siam (Thailand) and they concluded a deal with Vichy France to allow Japanese Troops to land in Indochina (Vietnam/Laos).
    It was the latter that infuriated Roosevelt and led to the intensification of the embargo if I remember correctly. The alliance between Siam and Japan was a lopsided one with the Japanese treating their partner more like a chattel. The Wiki article seems interesting but my knowledge of the events described is so sketchy I can't comment as to its accuracy or completeness.
    Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
      Glantz takes a battering from both sides of the argument and that kind of thing suggests to me he's on to something.

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
      I love the logic. Overstressing the logistical system forces the Germans to halt and this turns into a good thing. It's so twisted you might well just be right. Definitely right about Paulus, at Stalingrad he was the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time.
      That 20-day pause would have done a world of good for the Germans, but I guess they didn't do it because of the Kiev Salient, and the growing realization that Russia was dispersing their forces more than they had understood it would.
      In short, they panicked.
      Rommel's Corps and a couple of extra Infantry Armies could have prevented that panic.

Comment

Just read through this entire thread again as a response to Otto's recent thread: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...06#post2341906

Very interesting.

I knew more than I thought.

Philip
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
          Alouette III
          by casanova
          The military helicopter Alouette Iii will be staioned off duty in 1923 because of oldness by the Austrian airforce. The Austrian airfoce wants to buy...
          Today, 00:22
        • casanova
          Israel Army
          by casanova
          The Israelian Army stationed all airdefencesystens, tanks and soldiers on the Liban and Syrian border. The Iran wants to attack Israel. Arabian terrorists...
          Yesterday, 23:15
        • fastidiousboy
          The best war games on PC
          by fastidiousboy
          Which war games are worth your time? It’s a tricky question to answer since war is sort of the default here in the world of PC gaming. The fighting...
          Yesterday, 20:11
        Working...
        X