Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitler Vs Patton (A What If)

just A bit of fun

If Hitler and Patton both were political leaders of an equal country with full control an desire to command there armies themselves an they battled it out who would win?

the better Politician or the better general
    You better drop your flag an withdraw.

Originally posted by Blakdust View Post
    just A bit of fun

If Hitler and Patton both were political leaders of an equal country with full control an desire to command there armies themselves an they battled it out who would win?

Struggling through the Queensland version of English that you have posted, I have broken the answer down as follows:

Political leaders
    If Hitler and Patton were restricted to making political decisions during their conflict, I pick Hitler. Patton was passed over for promotion in favour of Eisenhower. Hitler, on the other hand, joined a party, became its leader, enjoyed a brief spell in prison to reflect on political style, and then led his party to electoral success, finally securing the chancellorship.

Commander in Chief
    This depends on who has what sort of weapons, and what year they're fighting. Up to the end of 1942, I'm backing a "German" Hitler over an "American" Patton, if only because Hitler's generals have better weapons, and he hasn't gone ga-ga yet. After the end of 1943, I'm picking Patton as he still has all (or more of) his marbles.

Just plain General
    They're leading the men, they meet on the field of battle: I'm picking Patton - he got trained to fight battles. If they have to go head-to-head at sea, then all bets are off.

Comment

Hitler would win with little or no effort.

Patton had absolutely no skill as a politician, he even said as much himself.

Hitler at least knew how to 'use' subordinates, so he scores well as the politician, and likely wouldn't be as incapable as Patton who was never better than an Army/Corps level general. He made a great land commander, but had no skill with Air or Naval forces.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Alternate Timelines would be a better home for this.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
          Alternate Timelines would be a better home for this.

Regards,
          Dennis
          Moved.
          "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
          Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

How would you know that Hitler won't make a good General?

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
              If there are any surviving members of Paulus 6th Army left you could ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                Struggling through the Queensland version of English that you have posted, I have broken the answer down as follows:

Political leaders
                If Hitler and Patton were restricted to making political decisions during their conflict, I pick Hitler. Patton was passed over for promotion in favour of Eisenhower. Hitler, on the other hand, joined a party, became its leader, enjoyed a brief spell in prison to reflect on political style, and then led his party to electoral success, finally securing the chancellorship.

Commander in Chief
                This depends on who has what sort of weapons, and what year they're fighting. Up to the end of 1942, I'm backing a "German" Hitler over an "American" Patton, if only because Hitler's generals have better weapons, and he hasn't gone ga-ga yet. After the end of 1943, I'm picking Patton as he still has all (or more of) his marbles.

Just plain General
                They're leading the men, they meet on the field of battle: I'm picking Patton - he got trained to fight battles. If they have to go head-to-head at sea, then all bets are off.
                I dunno if you really need to break it down if someone doesn't know what a "political leader" or "general" are there on the wrong forum i cant dumb it down any further. and if that's a jab at Queensland you can stick it buddy

An remember I said EQUAL country

and Heidi Hitler would not make a good general because he showed that he wasn't, I not gonna go into it

could go either way but here my guess
                I think Hitler would build a stronger country with technically better equipment and more money but Patton would be a %100 military country with most men mobilized. then Hitler tries a surprise blitz but gets stalled an it turns into a slogging match, Hitler makes some dumb decisions an loses
                You better drop your flag an withdraw.

Comment

I dunno if you really need to break it down if someone doesn't know what a "political leader" or "general" are there on the wrong forum i cant dumb it down any further. and if that's a jab at Queensland you can stick it buddy
                  [grammarnazi mode on]The English in your original question was so shite that interpreting the question was next to impossible. The italicised and underlined word above should be they're.[grammarnazi mode off] I don't need to take jabs at Queensland - I leave that to the NSWelsh.

An remember I said EQUAL country
                  They're sharing?

and Heidi Hitler would not make a good general because he showed that he wasn't, I not gonna go into it

could go either way but here my guess
                  I think Hitler would build a stronger country with technically better equipment and more money but Patton would be a %100 military country with most men mobilized. then Hitler tries a surprise blitz but gets stalled an it turns into a slogging match, Hitler makes some dumb decisions an loses
                  Let's run this again: if they are both behaving as the CiCs of their respective nations, I would pick Dolf. He and the Wehrmacht learnt a lot about logistics leading up to WW2. Georgie only got one shot, during the 1939 Louisiana manoeuvres.

In a winner-take-all, one-off battle, I'm going with Georgie, as he's more aggressive and (supposedly) has a trained military mind. Dolf only made it to corporal. Translate this in to a longer campaign and Dolf would probably frustrate Georgie into doing something stupid (Dolf did learn something about infantry tactics by direct experience).

As to how either would develop their nations, I'm not sure your own analysis holds: what evidence have you that Georgie was a screaming militarist, or that Dolf could inspire technical excellence?

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                    Hitler at least knew how to 'use' subordinates, so he scores well as the politician,
                    The German generals would be included as subordinates. Hitler may have 'used' subordinates, but if he had heeded their advice more instead of just dictating strategy, he may have had more success.

Philip
                    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Hitler at least knew how to 'use' subordinates, so he scores well as the politician, and likely wouldn't be as incapable as Patton who was never better than an Army/Corps level general. He made a great land commander, but had no skill with Air or Naval forces.
                      I think Hitler is overrated as a land commander and HE had no skill with Air or Naval forces. Hitler never made it past corporal, Army/Corps level is way above that.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      — Groucho Marx

Comment

Are we assuming that George is going to charge in all aggressive like with his tanks. Well if the Germans are at full strength with their defense in depth and 88's at the ready. Doesnt look too good that one.

Comment

When all was said and done, Hitler didn't even make a very good politician either - once others stopped expecting him to play 'by the rules.' Events prooved he was a political and militart pygmay.
                          HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Well, we have Stalingrad as copenhagen pointed out. Throw in Kursk and appointing Himmler the chicken farmer as an army commander charged with keeping the Soviets from Berlin.

Toss in the alliance with the Italians which you yourself dislike too!

The man was the leader of the government and supreme commander of the military.

We know he wasn't a good general because he proved it!

Dennis
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody67 View Post
                              When all was said and done, Hitler didn't even make a very good politician either - once others stopped expecting him to play 'by the rules.' Events proved he was a political and militart pygmay.
                              Oops - just looked at my posts terrible spelling.
                              I meant of course that Grofaz was a 'political and military pygmy.'

Heidi - Hitler was probably over promoted when he made Corporal. He was worth at least a dozen army groups to the Allies, thanks to the decisions he took.

Mind you, the hair curls at the thought of Patton being in charge of the war effort and I doubt he would have taken the position even if it had been offered.
                              HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X